Dart Den

Full Version: Quarantine and Testing thoughts...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think there are enough posts, threads and rants on this subject we need to bring it to life with something you will remember. Quarantining your frogs properly is for both the frogs and the rest of your collections benefit. It gives you the ability to better watch them and make sure all is well on the physical side while testing takes place.

Do not send fecals to those who are not amphibian experienced. Ask them if they are up to date on both testing, treatments and dosage. Its also a good idea to have a list of both common and uncommon things they should be on the lookout for. I strongly recommend sticking to the experienced amphibian vets. I recently saw where someone suggested to use a local vet then if they find something send it to Dr Frye. .............

Big problem what if they miss something? Then you have frogs that are spreading a parasite all over their viv and contaminating it too. Why pay a hooker to get you ready and another to finish? seems like a waste of time and money to me..........

As for testing it doesn't matter if the frogs look fat, healthy, feeding, active, breeding and all its just like the nice piece of HIV infected ass at the end of the bar, she may look like fun but its better to be safe than sorry. Test your frogs while in QT.

Michael
I agree about the Amphibian experienced Vet. There are a ton of 100% "cat and dog" only vets, especially in small towns, I would think. I could see someone without experience missing eggs ect, that an Amphibian experienced vet would not.
Its like going to a dermotologist for lung cancer. I think there is an issue of better safe than sorry. Your not risking just the new purchase but your entire collection. I figured some shock factor may get the people thinking.

Michael