Dart Den

Full Version: Dart Frog suggestions for a 55 Gallon tank ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

AndyWarholsWig

Hey guys!

Well, I had previously planned on creating a 29 gallon vivarium for a 2 or 3 PDFs, but as it turns out... Well, I now have a 55 gallon! The size and shape of this tank (a standard 55 gallon aquarium) has caused me to re-examine what types and how many PDFs I should get.

I'll be attending the frog days at Atlanta Botanical Garden in October and I'm wondering what your thoughts are on how many darts and what type of darts I should get... I don't want to overcrowd them, but I plan on having a heavily planted tank. The only problem is that due to the false bottom and substrate i don't have as much height as I'd like... So I guess climbing species are out.

Thanks, guys!

Jason
there are a few suggestions in this thread:

http://www.dartden.com/viewtopic.php?t= ... sc&start=0

Let us know if you would like more suggestions or have additional questions...

AndyWarholsWig

Thanks Rob!

I normally search before I ask, but I just didn't think this time! There are some great suggestions on here... The morph guide for auratus and tincs will be especially helpful, i think...

Jason

AceKing

I would do about 5-6 terribilis, because i like them more than aurautus. They might not use the height as much, but there is plenty of floor space.

AndyWarholsWig

Thanks for the suggestion! By the way, do you have a website for your Glass Amazon? I'm having trouble finding it if you do! A google search pulls up all SORTS of things!

Thanks!

Jason