Dart Den

Full Version: Exo Terra vs. ZooMed - Differences ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Oh boy, me again!

I looked and didn't see a thread that addressed this specifically.

Is what are the pros and cons of each brand. I'm going to get an 18 x 18 x 24 size of either one.

What I've seen is that the ZM has one door the width of the viv, and the ET has two sliding doors.

I appreciate any other important to consider pros/cons of their features as well.
one vs 2 doors.

The latch is a bit different.

Tiny bit size diff and plastic edges.

Screen top is one piece in the Zoomed and 2 in the Exos.

Zoomed is @ 20% cheaper.

I like zoomeds for the single door. I have OCD issues, and the 2 doors of the exo's really mess with me. hehhe
So you don't feel that it would let out too much humidity or in too much cooler room air in a living room setting, not frog room. (Don't have that luxury, but would so love to!) And not a concern that a frog would jump out the larger opening? I "worry" about all these little type of details, probably silly. I want them to be safe & happy Smile. The cheaper, but still good, makes me happy!
Both are equally "frog suitable"....there are no gaps for frogs to get out on either one. They are made specifically to keep very small animals / our hobby.

BOTH models need a proper fit glass top - provided aftermarket by you.
I'm quite sure I'm going with the Zoo Med, after seeing both I like the latch a lot better on that, and not having the line down the center of the tank like the ET has.

So, I think I read that it has a one piece top? (where the ET has a divider in the center of the top screen?) I saw one, but it was in a box that the top was covered. If I understand what I'm reading, it is good to leave a small (like 1/4") gap at the top to vent? If I have that correct, where is it best to have the vent area? Front of the tank, back, one side or both?