Dart Den

Full Version: Tincs - Mt atachi bakka ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Simply put what do you guys call these and do you have them ? If you keep can i have some pics please and any other info
regards all, and of course thanks.
Stu
From Tropical Experience:

http://www.tropical-experience.nl/index ... &Itemid=49

Colourmorph 9.
Name: D. tinctorius.
'Atachi Bakka'.
Locality: Central French Guiana
Photo: Taken in terrarium.
Reliability: 100% real morph.
Area & Info: West part of central French Guina near the village Maripasoula. The frog looks a lot like the yellowback from SaĆ¼l. In the south of the village Maripasoula are the mountains called 'Monts Atachi Bakka'. Maripasoula is near the Maroni River (Marowijnerivier).

Stu,

I've owned a pair of "Saul" yellowbacks that supposedly came from Nabors line but I can't ever remember seeing actual site specific Atachi bakka frogs advertised here in the U.S.
thanks Phil,yes i have talked to Todd about his saul yellow backs,one of which bare a distinct similarity to our macheto,thanks mate...anyone else have any knowledge of these?
belucky kiddo
Stu
Alittle bit more info on these and Saul, which i've probably stated elsewhere but deserves to be here.The Attachibakka population carriers a degree of variation in colour some individuals being very pale in colour,almost white i'm told by Ruud Shouten,whom collected ours. The Saul population is a more uniform deep yellow, So some of the attachis will be of very similar appearance to the Saul yellow back.
regards
Stu
SNDF imported and distributed some WC Atachi Bakka yellow-backs several years ago when the large tinc import occurred in 2009.