Dart Den

Full Version: Contests ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I see where every so often, people are looking for contests - lately for Vivarium pics.

Contests on Forums, (as I see it) are fraught with problems :

1. General Apathy. I think @ 70% of forum attendees like to look at posts but only 30% actually post and slightly less post up builds and pics. Where you would think any contest would have a goodly amount of submissions, most are pretty slightly attended, even with prizes, which brings me to the next problematic issue...

2. Voter fraud. There was a rumour of multiple accounts / screen names and voting in our first contest and from what little investigation I did - I believe it happened. Horrible but true. With ANY Internet activity and voting, you can expect some shenanigans, I guess.

I'm sure I could get a few of our sponsors to kick in stuff....but will it be worth the turnout ?

As usual....thoughts ?
Ill post the progress of my pum viv that I have yet to start lol.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
There we go ! :wink:
Philsuma Wrote:I see where every so often, people are looking for contests - lately for Vivarium pics. .............
I'm sure I could get a few of our sponsors to kick in stuff....but will it be worth the turnout ?
As usual....thoughts ?

Hell yea...I would be good to contribute for something for a prize. Smile

Let's get the ball rolling!

Cheers!

Todd
I will try to participate if its something I think I can hold my own on! But you know you can always count on me to vote!
A contest would be great! Are there ideas for what the contest will be? There is already the pic of the month, so maybe no photography contest. But a viv contest would be cool. So would a frog art contest. Maybe even a husbandry-related construction contest would be cool (like custom tank stands, racks, even frogrooms, etc...).
hmmm...let me think about this....

Jason from Protean (BTW... think it's "PRO tee uh" and not "Pro- TEEN") has in the past, said he would donate a Viv as a prize.

Gotta be real here folks....contests are much harder to pull off that you think. There's a TON or apathy. Take a look at our very first contest here on DD and you'll see where we only had 8 or so people writing threads and the prize was a couple imitators !

Kyle's pumpkin contest draws more than it's share, but you see what happened there, right ? Everyone was afraid of GRIMM...or just let him have it....or both.

HARDER than you think to pull off.....
Phil,

The offer still stands for a terrarium to the winner of any contest. Shipping will not be included but I'll offer up either $125 for any size terrarium or a specific size. I have offered up on many forums for such, but hardly any ever take me up on the offer. Feel free to contact me to iron out the details.

-jason.p
www.proteanterrarium.com
626-808-8500

"Their world, in yours..."
ok....sounds good. I'll call ya soon to work out the details.

There ya go folks...

Boom !

One contest of some sort.....coming up !
Venutus1 Wrote:
Philsuma Wrote:I see where every so often, people are looking for contests - lately for Vivarium pics. .............
As usual....thoughts ?

Hell yea...I would be good to contribute for something for a prize. Smile

Let's get the ball rolling!

Cheers!

Todd

Todd....PM me for a prize for this, please.
My prize offer still stands for this too Phil.
dreamcatcer98 Wrote:My prize offer still stands for this too Phil.

Cool. Thanks Kim. Three prizes so far.
CONTEST!!!
Yep...coming up.....hint.....get your vivarium pics ready. A "cross over" contest. Double the prizes....double the fun.
The way to do the Vivarium contest....allow ALL vivs, new and old. Whatever you got....run it.

I think two (02) photos should be privately emailed to Dart Den

1. Full viv pic only
2. Exact same full viv pic but with a small tag with your Screen Name - proving the viv is yours.

The voting will be for "anonymous" viv pics only - #1 above. That way, no favouritism and bias should occur and vivs are judged strictly on their merits and not the personalities who made them.

Thoughts ?
Sound great. Maybe since you have 3 prizes, you could do 2 sizes? 30 gal and less, more then 30 gal?