Dart Den

Full Version: Auratus morphs site specific ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I see that there are a few morphs in the Auratus sp. Are these local specific morphs like tincs and should not be mixed, or are the color morphs a random result of typical breeding?
There are some "locale type" designations as well as the standard import data - year.

There is also some made-up names and marketing terms - 'Camo", "Kaluha", "Turqiouse" ect.

Just like Tincs.

Safe, quick answer....don't mix any species of Dart Frog for breeding. Genetics are irrevocably lost that way.
I know in the fish world some fish will throw many color variations, so I wanted to check. Thanks!
EntoCraig Wrote:I know in the fish world some fish will throw many color variations, so I wanted to check. Thanks!
our superblues i think you call them blue on bronze throw 3 clear colour patterns craig,they hail from your side of the pond,sndf and then understory
I'd love to know as per your title which auratus morphs have site data,and who holds/ cares for these lines
stu
Aren't Toboga site-specific? What about Highlands? Campana?