Dart Den

Full Version: papers please!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I was following along just watching another thread and I came upon this quote and started to wonder..

RichFrye Wrote:This shipment was supposed to be 6 guys getting a few breeding stock, provably site specific, legal, paperworked, pairs of pumilio. Even IF they eventually do come in, the rest of the important stuff , like real data, is lost. trust a liar when getting your pums and see how that works out in the long run.
Rich

Being that I am new to the hobby, What kind of documents could be used to verify the locality of any one particular frog? I can print myself an official harvard diploma but it doesn't mean I went there. With all the lengthy threads about how honest people in this hobby are, I would think that no one would ever forge documents.

So as a new hobbyist what can I do to assure I am getting frogs from the local that is stated? I know Rich is always saying you can tell by looking at them but I am not so sure that is true. Big Grin

-B
EXCELLENT and timely question B !

I have yet to see any kind of papers or GPS proof for frogs.

I don't know if I've ever heard anyone claim to be able to "locale" frogs by looking at them. I'd like to meet them, if that were true.
I ALWAYS say it is ABSOLUTELY impossible to tell a locale by site. PERIOD. I hope that's clear.

Simply, ask Sergio, the owner/collector. But info cost $. If the money is only enough to tell you they are from this general area or very , very specific info (which I was told would happen, ...won't happen) is the question.
RichFrye Wrote:I ALWAYS say it is ABSOLUTELY impossible to tell a locale by site. PERIOD. I hope that's clear.

Wrong! The only way to tell local is by site.

Of course I am way to new in the hobby too say if you could tell a frog's local by it's sight. I would imagine you would have to put that question to a more experienced frogger like that guy that lives in Chicago, sells frogs, likes to fish and has a brother that is a vet. I can't remember his name but he seems to really know his shit.

-B
Yes, you are right , the word is sight. You absolutely can not tell where a pum comes from by sight.
And since we are now on semantics, it's locale, not local.
AHAHAHAHAHA
touché!