Dart Den

Full Version: Too many froglets, what to do ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
To some, it may be an eviable position, but in reality, it's not.

If you are lucky enough to produce so many off a certain species BUT have trouble finding homes for them....then ask yourself - "What is the best course of action here" ?

1. To keep on keepin' on and hope that somebody, anybody, whomever...takes em?

2. Throttle back. Scale back. Seperate and cool down. Let the frogs enjoy some off cycle time.

3. Trade some of those surplus and get some new species to try to work with. The hobby ALWAYS needs some species or another that is difficult to breed.

Me personally....I'd go with choice 2 or 3....
4. (extension of 3)...trade froglets for supplies, custom backgrounds, feeders, etc... helps keep costs down while making new friends in the hobby.
Are the frogger meetings a good place to go with #3? I've never been able to make it to one, mainly because my husband hasn't been on board with attending one. But After having the issues with finding homes for the froglets recently, I don't think it would be much of a problem if I could trade off some froglets there.
Frogger meets are AWESOME for selling / trading surplus frogs. I would put the frogger meets above the reptile shows in that regard.
I will be keeping a much closer eye on them for sure!
#2 is always the best option for myself. ie, Tincs can breed like crazy given optimal conditions. Optimal conditions are not optimal for longevity...

Best