Dart Den

Full Version: What type of frog is this?!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If anybody could please identify this frog....I bought him and the guy told me it was of the aurutus breed but I don't think it is...thank you!
If not a Vitattus, then a narrow gold banded Aurotaenia - how much did you pay?
RanaVenenosa Wrote:If not a Vitattus, then a narrow gold banded Aurotaenia - how much did you pay?
I payed 30 for him. He's doing really well... I have two of the same type.
hmmm, Aurotaenia are rare, and generally more expensive. $30 is about the going price for Vitattus. Either way, nice frog!
thanks for the info! And thanks! He seems to be getting blue legs and blue spots on his belly. I'm building a naturalistic tank with a waterfall for him and his buddy. I just went in and looked at them and realized they were sitting on top of each other..been catching them doing this alot lately
Who told you what kind it was?
Kinda reminds me of my "Hyloxalus azureiventris". I don't have them anymore, but they had similar markings to what your describing. The striping on the Auros I had were more yellow, the Azureiventris was more orange with the blue your describing. Haven't had them in a while, a year or more...so going off memory.
Derek