Dart Den

Full Version: How do I convert my Zoo Med?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Guys, Are there any existing threads on how to convert Zoo Med terrariums for dart frogs(i.e. no see-um mesh in the vents and lid conversions)? Photos would be a big help. Thanks
The top is as easy as taking a cardboard cut template to Home Depot or Lowes and getting glass cut there for @ $10.00 and then sanding the edges to make them not sharp. I'm a big fan of not 'hard-modding' anything if I can help it. I don't want to cut and chop and glue and silicone if I don't have to.

Laying glass on top is easy and adjustable - move it this way and that way to allow some air to enter the screen that it sits on.
Philsuma Wrote:The top is as easy as taking a cardboard cut template to Home Depot or Lowes and getting glass cut there for @ $10.00 and then sanding the edges to make them not sharp. I'm a big fan of not 'hard-modding' anything if I can help it. I don't want to cut and chop and glue and silicone if I don't have to.

Laying glass on top is easy and adjustable - move it this way and that way to allow some air to enter the screen that it sits on.

Thats exactly what i did. actually if you have a 10gal laying around maybe with a leak and you dont care about taking it apart, the smaller side of the tank will make for a perfect fit for the top screen.

I just lay it on top and adjust as i like.

Juan