Dart Den

Full Version: Tads almost have arms!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Trying to post a picture from my phone here, so I hope this works![Image: 746b34b2.jpg]
My first with front legs showing and spots! Another in the second viv is tied or at least. not far behind, just harder to see cause its in a brom.U
Very cool Lisa...make sure the container is heavily titled so it crawl out...otherwise they can drown.
It is (has been since the start) tilted at about a 45 degree angle, will that be ok?

BTW, two arms this morning!
Sounds good....won't be long now, until the tail is gone.
Hi Lisa, stupidly exciting isn't it, you'll never lose that mate.
grats
Stu
Congrats, Lisa!
Thanks all Smile It is SO cool! They are so tiny!
Second one is leaving the water in a brom now. All arms seem good and sturdy. I have a question about what date to use as ootw. I figure it must be the first time you see them out, I guess "how" out is my question, if they are sitting with their butt end still in, does that count? Probably really nit picky, but I try to be as accurate as I can...

If I am to get this one in the brom out of the viv, how and when would that be recommended? I won't be upset if it gets out and grows in viv, but I would prefer to have it in a grow out so I can keep an eye on it. Especially since I can't keep any amount of springs in the viv (the neamerteans get them all I guess).
Hi Lisa, They can be difficult to catch once they leave the brom completely. I sometimes let the parents raise tads (Tarapoto). When I see that they are starting to color up, I remove the brom and dump the tad into a small cup. I then put the cup into the grow out to continue morphing. Sometimes I need to spray a stream of water into the brom to get the tad out. Good luck.

For a moph out date, I use the day they leave the water for good.