Dart Den

Full Version: Sam's 18x24 build thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So after I posted the way I build most of my Viv's on the poll "Your Vivarium Background Preference", I thought I would show you all a build in progress. I will post pictures on its progress.

Here I applied a nice coat of silicone before I applied any Great Stuff foam. I waited a full 24 hours for the silicone to cure. Once it cured I applied the GS and allowed it to cure for another 24 hours. I have had only one incident where my gs lifted off the background and that was when I rushed the curing time. I didn't wait the full 24 hours before I applied the silicone and coco fiber.
[Image: IMG_20120718_161508.jpg]

This picture shows the begging of applying the silicone and coco fiber to the gs foam. I carved the foam near the ends of the branches to try and continue the look of the pieces of manzanita. Those areas with foam also have silicone behind them.
[Image: IMG_20120721_105852.jpg]

That's it for now. I have a few builds in progress so Ill try and get some more pics asap. I'm open to any suggestions and comments.