Dart Den

Full Version: Scotts Den of Frogs - Pics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Long over due are pics of my frog room.

Lets start w my CV Fants (heard calling yesterday so prob matter of time before I start to see some tads). These are great frogs. Very active and aggressive FF hunters. They are about the same size as a std imitator and half the size of my Benedicta.
like those Fants - especially the light, slightly metallic,cream copper shade.

Like your viv design too - exactly they way I do it, tiered background / canopy and a nice big wood feature.
Philsuma Wrote:like those Fants - especially the light, slightly metallic,cream copper shade.

Like your viv design too - exactly they way I do it, tiered background / canopy and a nice big wood feature.

Thanks Phil,
yeah, I like this design and particular viv as its great for viewing, but also functional for the frogs. They use the entire viv ... really cool to see them all climbing around like kids on a jungle gym.
Here is a pic of my functional Tad pond in the Yellow Truncatus viv. No pump, just standing water in the front and right corner w fish gravel and partition that keeps clay hydroton sturdy (and from mixing w gravel). This is a ZooMed 18x18.
Lookin good Scott! Keep the pics comin bud
Nice! Love the fants and the way you did the water up front.

More pics, Scott. Smile
Update: My frog room is now down to 10 vivs (all w lots of nice moss growth etc). Plus grow out tubs. I think that is about my threshold as I like to keep them nice for viewing. My most recent additions, (if a almost 2 yrs is recent)... I have 3 pair of Azureus. This was always a favorite and the "one" that got me into frogs in the early 90s. They are bold and beautiful... shame on me for taking so long to get them in my collection. My other "newer" frog are some Vanzolini, which are now a proven pair. After some 12 mos, finally got a tad. My solid orange Galacs are still going strong, just not breeding... yet. And the Blue Truncatus... no breeding that i can tell, but I do have a 2.2 for sure. Been busy as a new dad w my now 6mo old daughter, beside house projects etc, have not had much time to indulge in my frogs or post, but I will try to get some recent pics to show progress.
Here are some pics to show off a newer dart frog in my collection.