Dart Den

Full Version: new today - Long Island , NY
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!
This is my second post. I joined today!
I have experience with tree frogs ( A callidryas 4.0.0 and A Moreletii 1.0.4 )
But no darts Sad Yet !
Lynn
Welcome to Dart Den Lynn! There are plenty of resources on the site to keep you busy reading for a few weeks. I'd also suggest picking up a book on Dart frog care - by Jason Juchems. Of course if you cant find info your looking for, then just post a question.

cheers
Scott
RanaVenenosa Wrote:Welcome to Dart Den Lynn! There are plenty of resources on the site to keep you busy reading for a few weeks. I'd also suggest picking up a book on Dart frog care - by Jason Juchems. Of course if you cant find info your looking for, then just post a question.

cheers
Scott

Thanks Scott!
Yes, indeed I have a lot of research to do.
I have my tree frogs enclosed in 2- 36" H exos.
My preliminary thought is to get a 24 H high exo?
Don't know......my brain is on it.
My Mist King will be easy enough to extend.
I have figure out a way to sneak the frogs into the house , but the enclosures are different story ! :lol:
Thanks again for the warm welcome, Lynn
A viv that is 24" H and at least 18"+ L would be ideal for just about any frog. Some will prefer more floor space like Terribilis or Bicolor, so you'd want to have 24 on Length. I would decide what frog you want to work with, then design a tank around it. It will be a tough decision as there are so many that are special in there own way. Not sure I can pick a "favorite" anymore. LOL
RanaVenenosa Wrote:A viv that is 24" H and at least 18"+ L would be ideal for just about any frog. Some will prefer more floor space like Terribilis or Bicolor, so you'd want to have 24 on Length. I would decide what frog you want to work with, then design a tank around it. It will be a tough decision as there are so many that are special in there own way. Not sure I can pick a "favorite" anymore. LOL

Exo makes a 36” x 18” x 24” (WxDxH) Nice....right ?
Pick a favorite. I don't know how I'm going to do this ?
I think I probably should be posting these questions in another area ?
Lynn
Some frogs won't use that height--12 inches high would be good; whereas others won't use the floor space, but would use the height. So pick your frogs first, before you choose the viv. For example, my azureus use the footprint--the length and depth, but they don't climb more than a couple of inches. I wouldn't want to "waste" a tall tank on them, when they wouldn't utilize it. On the other hand, my imitators are never on the ground--they are climbers! They appreciate and use the height, so a tall tank is definitely for them, bu they are small, so they don't need a lot of length and depth.
As for picking a favorite--read, research, and read some more. Something will jump out at you! When I started, I narrowed my "favorites" (on paper) down to about 15 (ha!), then I went by what I came across for sale, and bought those.
By the way......Welcome to Dart Den!
Diane
I think I probably should be posting these questions in another area ?
Lynn[/quote]

No worries - this is your thread

After you get your first vivarium you can always start a "build" thread to share the process, ask ques along the way, etc...

Once you read over the 100s of threads on Dart Den, youll get the hang of the most ideal places to post ques or share your own insights.