Dart Den

Full Version: Darklands laying site
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Found these today.

Rich

PGB

wooooooooooooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

i wish there was a emoticon for a very jealous englishman lol

congrats this is awsome news keep up the good work.

PGB

hey Rich did you notice he Darklands sitting upper left of he eggs?
congrats! the darklands are my favorite pumilio, and i'm really happy to see them breeding! thanks for taking the time to keep us posted.

wolcottaj

Congrats again. Nice to see you are having great luck with them.
Andy
Thanks guys.

I didn't see the Frog until resizing the pic Paul.
I hope to get some shots of transporting since the eggs are in a great viewing spot.

Rich

brazilnut

Very nice Rich. Must be that time of the year again here in the Midwest. My Shepard Island pums have just started some major courtship and they had been more or less silent forever it seems.Going to start packing all my frogs with food now and things will really start "hopping" soon, I hope.Keep us informed on the Darklands.
Mark W.

AceKing

How on earth did i miss these. Great pic, great gob of eggs. I cannot find a new clutch for the life of me with my man creeks. Does this mean the fembot is busy laying feeders, or do you think do to the weather and recent move about 3 months ago she has quit laying. My male is still calling his head off, actually its reallly cool someone with be up in my room and i can get my male to call on cue just mist and he goes at it. they think i have em trained. I think i would definetly be seeing the eggs due to the fact that ive search quite hard for them.
Hey Jace,
I have been surprised many times by finding little ones hopping around after not finding eggs. Thought I had looked everywhere. I had what I thought was one tad in a Basti viv. All of the sudden I am pulling six froglets from the viv. I have seen some morphs stop calling when feeding. Some call all day ,every day. The San Christobals seem to have an almost silent call. Uyamas chug and never get that " rolling freight train" going to the extent of others. Every morph really is different . Only one of the reasons to keep morph separate and hope for good local info.

Rich

AceKing

so what local info do we have on man creeks. None right, or at least none that you accept as law (and which then i would accept as law). Thats why you dont have any? i really dont understand the reason why so many people want multispecie/ multimorph enclosures. ive been playing with the idea of aurautus and pumilio viv for a while though.

yeah my problem with the man creeks is this.

they were at my partners house, then he and his fiancee/ baby mama broke it off. he moved back home and there was no room for the frogs. They came to my house, and i took over the entire collection. there was a time of maybe 2 days where they had to bear with some heat due to lack of AC before i got them. Ever since then the male is actively calling and the female seems unreceptive. I have found no eggs, no tads, and no new babies. although i found what i believe to be a 6th froglet that i must have originally missed.

So i guess what im saying is why have they stopped. Is it because they suffered some heat stress, moving stress, or have they not stopped just hiding everything from me. i suppose no one can answer this question only time will tell.