Dart Den

Full Version: Thumbnail Breeding-Size Vivarium
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been thinking for the last two years about breeding thumbnails. I think this new year i will give it a try. I am sure that the viv design is different for breeding. I could only imagine how hard it would be to locate eggs or tads in a heavily planted show viv. I would like to see some of your simple designs for inspiration on my new viv. As well as advice or suggestions for things i need to consider when setting up a breeding viv.
Hi Chris
If you have a male and female frog, very good chance they will breed. Some keys to making that successful are good vit supplements, regular misting, and water sites such as film cans or bromeliad axils. If you happen to find eggs, which is hit or miss, you can always pull them and artificially raise the tads in a small deli cup. I will find my thread on Intermedius Imitators and bump it for you. I see your in Dallas. Your welcome to stop by and see my frog room if you have time.

-Scott
I figured they would breed if i had a pair just not sure if i will have time to try and find the young ones a home. My frog room is on the small side and room to house a small army is scarce. I'm looking forward to reading your thread on intermedius imitators. The thumbnails in consideration are varadero imitators. They are probably one of my favorite dart frogs.Thanks for the invite i will have to come over and take a look if i ever have some free time.