Dart Den

Full Version: hope your all good
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just a brief note from blighty to our mates stateside
We hope you, your families and frogs are ok,through this storm we are seeing all over the news.
Not much but worth saying
Our thoughts are with ya'll
regards
Stu & Shaz
Thanks Stu !

It's a LOT of rain.
Best of luck to you guys!

They were talking like it was the end of the world here. Rain, high winds, just like any other fall storm. The media really blew it out of proportion for our area. What you guys are getting is dangerous!
The Creek is somewhat close to coming up to the backdoor to the Frog Room Glenn. It crested 8 hours ago so that's as far as it should go, I hope. We got lucky in PA.

Richard L. in Staten Island is on ground zero for devastation, I think.
sure the pics we are seeing look pretty bad,its all we have seen newswise here,Glenn your bang on it does look dangerous
Stu
This is by far my favorite picture to come out of Sandy thus far.
Most effected was closer to the coast and Jersey and NYC. I worked both nights through it and the wife called last to say power went out at 6pm and did not come back on til 5am this morning. I checked the frog room and frogs when I got home this morning, temps only dropped to 68 deg.
Rusty_Shackleford Wrote:This is by far my favorite picture to come out of Sandy thus far.

Alas, apparently one of the many 'shopped -- the Atlantic has a nice run-down of real vs. fake images from Sandy, including some of the better of each.

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

(overlay of the original image on the flood scene)
Awww man!!! Thanks Chuck. I'm bummed there is no landshark though.
You just have to believe in the Internet, Jon -- I can't think of a major flooding incident in the past year or two that didn't have a couple of good 'shopped shark photo (some really good ones made the rounds during the last Australian floods). They may not be real, but we can always enjoy them :mrgreen: