Dart Den

Full Version: Not new but i've been gone for a while...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there you all,

I'd like to re-introduce myself for I'm already registered ever since last year but haven't been around for a while becoz' of medical reasons... So, it wasn't becoz' of a lack of interest to be clear about it!
And my apologies for not answering back for that matter. Just a short comment on this all: A year ago I got a severe heart attack. It took some time to get recovered but this year I got the unfortunate diagnosis of having colon cancer and so my focus wasn't really with my vivaristic activities at a certain point. I've tried to keep on doing my activities at vivaristic events as far as possible. But at the end I had to stop those activities as well. I had 4 surgeries and am currently struggling to fight this all. Besides that I also have leukemia and I'm a lungpatient as well. So, my energy isn't what it used to be.
Despite of this all, I'm recontinuing my activities. Which means, also my forum activities.

My name is Stan de Jong, 45 yrs of age and currently living in Holland. Used to live in Canada for a while as well.
I'm keeping fishtanks and paludaria. I'm an aquarist ever since early '70's (was just a little boy at that time but for sure fascinated by it all...). I run my own website ever since last year. This year my domain name has changed and the website has been updated. I do participate at vivaristic events in Holland, Belgium and Germany. I also give workshops regarding the vivaristic field. Wether that may be about aquaristics, terraristics or ponds.

At this moment I do own about 50 freshwater tanks and 4 paludaria. My main focus is aquaristics and secondly terraristics. In the seventies I already had my first reptiles and amphibians. I had a break of several years on the terraristic field if it comes to keeping them. But I've never stopped going into nature to search for them and watch them from as bearby as possible. No matter the country I went to...

Well, I hope to have some interaction with other members overhere...

Have a good one, Stan
Welcome back Stan ! Hope you are feeling better.I remember talking with you a while back.

~Phil
That's right Phil... it's been a while...
And thanks for welcoming me back!

How're you doin' yourself these days?
I'm well. Starting to wrap things up in the North East and head south to Florida. Slowly but surely. If there's ever any American Info on any exotic animal issues or even American products that you require...LMK, and I'll be sure to try and help you.
Thx Phil... I'll keep it in mind!
Just posted a short topic of one of my set ups...

T.c., Stan
Welcome! I was browsing around your site and noticed that really cool looking triangular pillar tank. Did you build that yourself? You have such a wonderfully diverse array of tanks!
Well Jim,

Thx for the compliment!
You can buy such tanks overhere as well but you're right, these two (got two of them) were made by myself. A good friend of mine who has a business in livefood (business name is Frogfoods), is also working at a company which provides glass to the building section. So, it was easy to get my hands on some good quality glass. But I do have more rare types of tanks at home. I don't like standard things in life and so why should I be using standard tanks for that matter, huh...?

You have a great weekend Jim...

Take care, Stan