Dart Den

Full Version: Isopods as Pests!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This will probably come as no news to the seasoned froggers, but I now have an empty Eldorado tank (frogs since sold) containing whatever isopods I originally dumped in there. One of the isopods was the large gray ones and they are devouring my Broms (see pic)! Just wanted to pass this along. Ed
Whoa...I've never seen that or even HEARD of that ! Those Isopods don't look like any that I've seen in the hobby, Ed. Where'd ya get em ?
One of my local frogger friends gave them to me. I thought they were just the large grays, but these things don't "play dead." They are fast and impossible to even catch! Planning on the old dry ice attack! Pulled all the broms. They started attacking the plants while the Eldorados were still in the tank. There's plenty of leaves and debris in the tank (I WAS taught by the best, Phil (take a bow)), so there are other things to eat available to them. They seem to be a very aggressive strain of isos.
Yeah Ed....those 'Giant Greys' look like NY 'Gangsta' Isopods ! I think the one in the pic is holding a crowbar and some bolt cutters.

I have loaded vivs with Dwarf White, C.R purple and even those big 'Spanish' giant orange, and I've never seen them do anything bad to any plants ect.