Dart Den

Full Version: Been Working Hard..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
..stuff's getting serious over here. Big Grin This is my first ever viv with a DIY background. So far, so good..

[Image: foam1.jpg]

[Image: foam2.jpg]

[Image: foam3.jpg]

[Image: foam4.jpg]

[Image: foam5.jpg]

[Image: foam6.jpg]

[Image: foam7.jpg]

[Image: foam9.jpg]

[Image: coco1.jpg]

[Image: paint1.jpg]

Plants are arriving.. they should all be here, sterilized and ready for the viv by early next week..

[Image: rubystar3.jpg]

Thanks for looking.. I'll update more as I go. :mrgreen:
Nize ! Love the half-side walls !
Thanks! I was thinking I would regret doing the sides, but nope.. I'm very happy I did.
your frogs will thank you for it. They will be bolder due to the 'shadowbox' design.
looks great!
did you spray paint the sides?

-Kevin
I really hope she didn't.....looks like black contact paper - the only way to fly.
It's actually gloss-finish acrylic paint. 4 coats with a quality paint roller.. turned out great. Smile I thought about using contact paper.. but couldn't find any with the "finish" I wanted. It was all too glossy or too flat.
either way, it looks fantastic!
Im excited to see it all planted. What type of frogs are you planning on?
Thanks! Either a pair of cobolt tincs or a pair or trio of green and bronze auratus. I can't make up my mind. Smile
Your viv is turning out great! Good job Nicole
Still waiting on a few more plants.. but here's what I've done so far:

[Image: planted1.jpg]

[Image: planted2.jpg]

I might rearrange the floor a bit.. I have a nice brom coming that needs to fit in there somewhere. It's not as crowded as it looks in the photo. More soon. Smile
Very nice blend of textures! I like the depth you have created.
Nicole your viv is coming along very nicel!!! I wanted to ask you what those little round cups are on the bottom of the tank?
Thanks! Jon.. Those are "Jungle Pods": https://blackjungleterrariumsupply.3dca ... p_698.html
very nice! What are those pinkish/redish plants you have near the top, and where can I get them?
They are "Ruby Star" cryptanthus (Cryptanthus bivittatus 'Ruby'). I got mine from www.tropicalplantz.com
trendkill Wrote:They are "Ruby Star" cryptanthus (Cryptanthus bivittatus 'Ruby'). I got mine from http://www.tropicalplantz.com

I use these in several vivs and if they get enough light are both beautiful and hardy. They also grow slow so your viv isn't taken over within months.
Clean those nut-pods really well and then use black aquarium silicone to coat the inside and they will hold water really well and last a long time.
Not a whole lot different from yesterday.. did add a few plants and another cocohut. Moved the microgramma down.. the light was hurting it a bit I think. I have two 12watt jungle dawn LEDs on this viv and they are super bright. I'm hoping it will be happier in the shadier spot. Also got a better at photographing the viv.. it's difficult to get the lighting to look right!

[Image: planted5.jpg]

[Image: planted4.jpg]

Still waiting on a ruby lips brom for some more color and a tillandsia. Hoping it wont get too cramped.
Looking good, a couple more broms will do well. Then let it all grow in