Dart Den

Full Version: aquarium silicone vs GE II
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was told today I should use aquarium silicone because it has mildew inhibitor, but I just bought GE II . Is there a difference or is there really any concern with this?

I seen this Universal Rocks online, they are made of foam. They look cool, has anyone seen them or used them?
Boss Frog Wrote:I was told today I should use aquarium silicone because it has mildew inhibitor, but I just bought GE II . Is there a difference or is there really any concern with this?

Subject to some debate; the consensus seems to be you're safest with something like DAP's "100% Silicone" products (hard to find in the "big box" hardware stores, but often available in smaller stores like Ace Hardware).

Boss Frog Wrote:I seen this Universal Rocks online, they are made of foam. They look cool, has anyone seen them or used them?

I've not used them with frogs, but I've got them in a couple of aquariums (they're a local company, and did a plant tour for the local reef club a year or two ago).