Dart Den

Full Version: Basti molestation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I had a male basti for quite a while and recently (3 months) I acquired a female. When I finally introduced the female the male went crazy and chased after, calling the entire time. So now there are tads in every spot that holds even the smallest amount of water.
I noticed something the other day and then again today that I need a little help with. I recently noticed the female quite literally molesting the male. Here is a pic [album]783[/album]

Is this normal behavior?

I would assume that this can't be normal because I have never ever been harassed for sex, unless alcohol was involved and I know they have not been drinking. So that leads me to believe that maybe she heard him calling at the el dorado in the next viv and she is just trying to keep him inline?
#1 - they are the only frogs in the viv ?

#2 - You are 100% sure of the sex of both ?

#3 - Sometimes, just like people....froggies go nutz.

#4 - Worse case scenario....remove the male for a while and let the female de-stress and feed the tads.

either way....no biggie.
#1 Yes they are alone. Although I have toyed with the idea of red-eyed treefrog cross breeding. Sadly I have seen to many movies where cross breeding goes terribly wrong.

#2 Tadpoles are only generated with male and female frogs,right? One of them has legs all ready.

#3 Bitch be trippin? I hate it when that happens

#4 Why the hell does he have to get out when she starts acting crazy? Make her go get a job and support herself. She shouldn't get to keep the house. He earned it! He was there before her! She can take the kids and go to her mother's house.
Philsuma Wrote:#1 - they are the only frogs in the viv ?

Thought of a better one for number #1

#1 No, I keep all my Pumilio in the same 10 gallon (don't worry it's really heavy planted). But don't worry the blue jeans I just ordered will probably distract the femal e once I introduce them tomorrow.

ON a completely different note...

We should have tags for sarcasm.
Armson Wrote:So I had a male basti for quite a while and recently (3 months) I acquired a female. When I finally introduced the female the male went crazy and chased after, calling the entire time. So now there are tads in every spot that holds even the smallest amount of water.
I noticed something the other day and then again today that I need a little help with. I recently noticed the female quite literally molesting the male. Here is a pic [album]783[/album]

Is this normal behavior?

I would assume that this can't be normal because I have never ever been harassed for sex, unless alcohol was involved and I know they have not been drinking. So that leads me to believe that maybe she heard him calling at the el dorado in the next viv and she is just trying to keep him inline?

I have experienced similar male/female interactions with breeding pairs and trios. I don't know what to make of it, but I have never had a death as a result or even weight loss which seems to be one of the main indicators of stress...

Perhaps he didn't complete the honey-do list from the weekend, slave drivers!
Uno---I'd try adding a couple BJs.
Zwei---I have also found at times that bitches do indeed be trippin'.
C.---call me when the frogs/BJs come in tomorrow and we'll talk about your crazy frogs.
winky-winky-sarcasm-winky
RichFrye Wrote:Zwei---I have also found at times that bitches do indeed be trippin'.

INDEED!

Just today I told my wife I needed to use the paypal account(she controls paypal, I control the bank account) I had to send this guy in Chicago a rather large sum of money for some frogs that I have been waiting on. When I told her it was just two frogs.... bitch started trippin !
Man you would have thought I had slapped her mom! (I would give away all my frogs for a chance to do this)
I've had a couple different female bastis do this (molest a male - not slap your wife's mom). Usually it seems to be harmless behavior, but I do have 1 female that has killed no less then 3 different males. She is a great mother and raises a large brood every time, but once the tads are in the water the males have all gone MIA.

Keep an eye on him. If he starts hiding or loses weight I'd pull him until the rearing is done and she's ready for another round. Good luck!
One answer to fighting. Very large vivs.