Dart Den

Full Version: Best sex ratio to go with Azureus?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Tomorrow I will be in Brussel (Belgium) visiting a breeder, a friend I have not seen for over 5 years.
I will go there with a friend of mine who wants to get some D. azureus from him, they are F1 Azureus subadults.

I never had any big species such as leucomelas, Auratus or Azureus but I was thinking about giving it a try as those animals will be sexed and F1.

Here is what I am wondering about ...
Should I go for a simple Azureus couple or for a trio? One Male and two females or two males and a female?
What do you think about it? What would you go for?

Tia,

K.
Definitely not 2 females. Females get very scrappy.

1.1 is best if you are a new-er hobbyist.

if you have some decent experience with Dart Frogs in general and feel confident....2.1 is a very good ratio used by many, many breeders and hobbyists.
Hi Phil,

Thank you for your answer.
That's the information I was looking for, right on.
I will go for a 2.1 or a couple. I have to talk about it with my friend breeder.

K.

ps: thank you for editing the thread tittle, it is much better now Wink
Please take some pics of 'Euro Stuff" especially cool / rare frogs. We LOVE to see the E.U stuff.
This friend is a "big species" breeder.
Right now he has tons of Tinctorius for sell (very probably over a hundred of them, may be two hundred ... I will let you know tomorrow night) and some Azureus and Leucomelas.
I will have my camera with me, if We have time I will take some pics Wink

K.
Just got back home from the Brussel day trip.
Hugly weather up there, lots of rain Sad

I have three Azureus at home now, two F1 males and one F1 female.
All of them are from different couples.

K.
pics ???
lol!
They are not yet out of the styrofoam boxes!!!
Can you be a little patient? Wink

K.