Dart Den

Full Version: Ranitomeya benedicta - First Clutch of Eggs !!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

A few minutes ago I found my first Ranitomeya benedicta eggs.
I have four of them together in a terrarium and two of them are forming an obvious couple.
They have been spending the last few weeks in film canister. It was just a matter of time before she laid.

I will try to take some pictures of the developing eggs, next days... In case they are good Wink

K.
EXCITING !!!
Thank you Phil!
They layed in an horizontal black film canister.
This canister is located at the top of the terrarium.

K.
That's awesome! That's the one thing we are waitin on since getting into frotting. The terribs Aren't fully mature yet but the Tarapotos call and follow each other into canisters so it's a matter of time. My 9 yr old will go ballistic at the chance to watch the lifecycle from the start. Congrats I hope their healthy!
Lucky you that's my favorite thumb Big Grin
It took my breeders at least 3 egg clutches before the tads made it past a few weeks. That seems to happen w all my species. Then the prob goes away and all is fine. Hopefully you don't have the same issue, but heads up otherwise. Good news is I should have my first Bene froglets in 30days or so. I share your excitement!

Cheers
Thank you all Wink

I am kind of a patient person, so if two or three cluchtes go bad ... I can deal with it Wink
Hopefully it won't happen at all or it won't last too long.
Let see how it goes, I will keep you posted with info and pics.

K.

ps: today is going to be a mess, elctricity is going to be shut down in the building for some "major repair" and I am quite anxious about temperatures dropping too much in the appartment :oops: Cry
Just remove the Benedicta eggs of the film canister and placed them into a petri dish.
Looks like three of them are developing ...

A picture I just took... a little editing and here we go for my first eggs in a long long time Tongue

[Image: benedicta-eggs-1.jpg]

Will keep you updated.

K.
Congratulations! Hope everything goes well for you!
Good to know your back online w no bad news about losing power. Eggs coming along very nice.
EGGcellent !!! Keep the ambient humidity pretty high wherever they are being 'incubated'.