Dart Den

Full Version: LEGAL Costa Rican Imports (P. pumilio, D. auratus, red eyes)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Seller: Justin M. in St. Augustine, FL.

I have access to the following frogs being imported from COSTA RICA at the end of the month. NEW LEGAL BLOOD! Everything is well established adults, TRUE farm bred (really they're captive bred) specimens. Will be in perfect shape, but SOLD UNSEXED. I will attempt to do pairs when they come in, but really at the luck of the draw, should get 1:1 ratios though. I plan on getting personal animals but are willing to offer some animals to others to help reduce costs. LIMITED NUMBERS AVAILABLE. The following are available:

Oophaga pumilio "Siquirres"
Dendrobates auratus "Costa Rica Green & Black"
Red Eyed Tree Frog (Agalychnis callidryas) Pacific Orange Flanked
Red Eyed Tree Frog (Agalychnis callidryas) Caribbean Blue Flanked

Shipping should run $50-65 or can be picked up in St. Augustine, FL. For more information/prices please email/PM me. I'll need to let them know soon if I plan on adding any additional animals. Prices are pretty decent. If I decide to sell any from my personal stock afterwards, they'll be closer to market price. Smile

References available on request.
What, no blue jeans, Bri Bri or Granulifera ?
In due time...gotta start somewhere, right?

Philsuma Wrote:What, no blue jeans, Bri Bri or Granulifera ?
Nice. The Black Jeans are great frogs.
These are not black jeans, they have nice blue legs. I am certain of the locale...

RichFrye Wrote:Nice. The Black Jeans are great frogs.
From the specimens I have seen of the founder stock and specimens, there more closely represent specimens similar to this:

http://s699.beta.photobucket.com/user/s ... sort=3&o=1

I will have pictures as soon as they arrive.
"Black Jean" , I use as a locale (Siquirres ) as opposed to the color of their legs. Many Siquirres have blue legs and some all red legs with some spotting. Highly variable for pums with mostly reddish bodied frogs with mainly dark legs.
Ok, I just want to make sure that people understand the ones coming have fairly blue legs. All of the black jeans I've seen in person have fairly black legs. These are more similar to the photo above, with some variation, or course.

RichFrye Wrote:"Black Jean" , I use as a locale (Siquirres ) as opposed to the color of their legs. Many Siquirres have blue legs and some all red legs with some spotting. Highly variable for pums with mostly reddish bodied frogs with mainly dark legs.
So Why can't we start doing this for the histos and sylvatica?
I am sure with all the Cocai...Coffee that gets shipped out of Colombia we could just smuggle some frogs in with it? The coffee groups will throw the dogs off. (Thanks Axel Foley)

But seriously this is very awesome news...... I can't wait to see what is coming down the pipe.

-Byron
They have been doing it for sylvatica and I'm sure histros are in the pipeline.

No smuggling frogs, that ruins it for everyone. Do it RIGHT!

Armson Wrote:So Why can't we start doing this for the histos and sylvatica?
I am sure with all the Cocai...Coffee that gets shipped out of Colombia we could just smuggle some frogs in with it? The coffee groups will throw the dogs off. (Thanks Axel Foley)

But seriously this is very awesome news...... I can't wait to see what is coming down the pipe.

-Byron
BluePumilio Wrote:They have been doing it for sylvatica and I'm sure histros are in the pipeline.

No smuggling frogs, that ruins it for everyone. Do it RIGHT!

Armson Wrote:So Why can't we start doing this for the histos and sylvatica?

-Byron

I was actually talking about smuggling in Cocaine.

I would never smuggle frogs that's just plain wrong!
This is so cool to see. Hope more of this happens in the future.
Nice using my photo there, Blue. Can you PM the details?
I just now saw that that was your 'bucket account Ray.

Blue Pumilio is Justin M. originally from Texas, now living in St Augustine FL.

No reason to doubt or have issue with any of this proposal....eagerly and hopefully optimistic on our end.
Np, just curious as to who might be doing this, as I know Brian has been working on it for a while, albeit with a few different species. CR exports have to be F2.

Nothing beats legal, and site specific, frogs. Can't really ask for more.
Sorry, just found a stock photo off google that had locality info and looked similar to what the exporter has when Rich mentioned them being "Black Jeans" I wanted to expressed that these are not what is normally sold as black jeans. In no way is your pic connected with any frogs coming in. Again, just an image found through a google image search. I will not have pics until they land. I was pretty sure that I made that clear.

stemcellular Wrote:Nice using my photo there, Blue. Can you PM the details?
I will no be giving out specifics on where the are coming from, but they are legal frogs with full documentation coming in from CR. They are bred under CR laws and exported with full gov. inspection of facilities and CITES permits. Not an easy thing to pull off in CR (or anywhere). This is not an operation I'm involved with, just getting some personal frogs and offering a small few to anyone who would like to work with them.

Brian?

Cheers,
Justin

stemcellular Wrote:Np, just curious as to who might be doing this, as I know Brian has been working on it for a while, albeit with a few different species. CR exports have to be F2.

Nothing beats legal, and site specific, frogs. Can't really ask for more.
Ok, interesting. That said, I'm curious as to who might be doing this. I sent a note to my friends in CR to see if they have heard anything as I thought I was aware of all those pursuing CB O. pumilio from CR, especially from the same area as CRARC.
I'm not saying these aren't legit or anything, but you aren't really providing much info. Considering the imports that are coming from CRARC are the first legal imports in years, it's gonna make people skeptical about other imports when there is little to no info on them. Especially considering several other recent imports of Oophaga that have come in had "legitimate paperwork" and they were found to be false...

I have nothing against you and again I'm not saying these aren't legitimate, but very little info makes most people weary.
Anyone who is getting frogs from me will get paperwork they request when they get the frogs. No more discussion on this, it's pointless. Why would I give out my source of frogs and provide more info then needed? People are always so quick to mindlessly talk. Think what you want, but why not debate this after they landed and I can provide more info. Really done in this subject, sounds like a waste of my time. Especially concerning all those questinable Pumilio were coming from Europe...not CR. if you know anything about CR, they don't play around. I'm asking you not to drag me through the mud on this with your assumptions (feel free to do it with real info, not the lack of), otherwise I'll will be the last time I'll even give people the opportunity to get such animals.

Pumilio appear to be SOLD. Very few were available, most are being kept for myself.

thedude Wrote:I'm not saying these aren't legit or anything, but you aren't really providing much info. Considering the imports that are coming from CRARC are the first legal imports in years, it's gonna make people skeptical about other imports when there is little to no info on them. Especially considering several other recent imports of Oophaga that have come in had "legitimate paperwork" and they were found to be false...

I have nothing against you and again I'm not saying these aren't legitimate, but very little info makes most people weary.