Dart Den

Full Version: Ameerega silverstonei ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
is there anyone out there that has these. i have always liked these. s. Stewart has them on his site but i have never seen a for sale on it. or are these one of the tuff frogs to get.
Join the list of people that would love to work with some. I almost got some back in the early 2000's but some bad luck and a vacation mishap ruined my chances. I have heard there are still some around but probably fetch upwards of $500 each...
I 'almost' got some in the early 2000's also Craig. Waited for over two years for the trade, after I had supplied my end of the deal . Seemed the guy who said he was breeding them never really bred them when while were trading...
BTW Walt, contact Eric M.
after i wrote this did some "looking around" read that this is a very tough frog to keep and breed. read that some people had them and as soon as they transfered them to a diferent viv they died. or they bred and then stoped breeding for these people. i just wonder why sean stewert has had them posted on his site for all these years and not see "availible for sale''.
i guess now i know why you don't see any for sale.
I think a few 'west coast' hobbyists had them, but you are right Walt, that species is hard to keep in addition to rare in the hobby. Nice looking though.