Dart Den

Full Version: New setup lighting, heating, humidity.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am starting back into the hobby after a 10+ year hiatus,

The main thing I am dealing with is trying to find a good setup. I go away various weekends and also value stability in the system. I have a 18x18x24 exo terra (wow they really make some nice premade cages now days). It fits very well in the space I have so I am hoping to stick with that.

My main thing is I am hoping to have a fully automated system to control, lights, heating and humidity. So I am looking for the best options. I also want as much as possible to fit neatly over the cage. What are my options for getting a heating system that has a sensor / thermostat and rheostat in this system. I notice alot of posts are about saving money, I am always for it, but I am very aware I will need to spend more to get something more compact / automated. I also wouldn't mind if I could hook any of the sensors up to something I could monitor remotely, maybe if something happened I could call in a friend to figure it out. Do any systems also have excess fans in case the area gets too hot?

I will be building the landscaping and such myself and will not have any problem with running sensors tubing or anything else into the cage.

It would be nice if I could get something for the humidity too, it seems here people are more for misting and less for humidifiers?

I also want to do the same with lighting and have it on a day / night cycle.

One of the problems I seem to be running into is, as each item gets automated it seems you need a different system for each one and that keeps adding to the space. Almost as if the products to support the cage take up more space than the cage itself.