Dart Den

Full Version: WTB Film Canister
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Like the title says, I am looking for film canisters. I prefer them not to have suction cups but Ill take any to be honest. Looking for about 25-30.
I buy mine on eBay. 100 for 27 bux shipped.
I found another source, just waiting on price. If that falls though Ill use ebay though.
Here's a situation where you can probably get all the cans you need (30) within a week or so if you call all the places that process film around you. I can still get at least dozen a week , but I'd have to bug the crap out of the $3 and hour workers who find it hard to put plastic into a bag for me than the trash and a land fill...
But you have a good chance on the first round. Express to the manager that you REALLY want to keep them out of the land fills.
...and no, before a thread is started somewhere , this is not a film can conspiracy to drive KGB's film can biz out of biz. :wink:
Rich is a witch!

BURN HIM !
The emperor does not share you optimistical appraisal of the situation.
I find your lack of faith disturbing...
The worst part of getting them at at local drug store or wherever, is explaining to a $3/hr worker why you want them....then they have all sorts of questions. But still beats buying them, haven't had to buy any yet.
cbreon Wrote:The worst part of getting them at at local drug store or wherever, is explaining to a $3/hr worker why you want them....then they have all sorts of questions. But still beats buying them, haven't had to buy any yet.

That's why you don't talk to $3 people. You jump right to $5 managers and explain that you have froggies , send pics if you need, hammer land fill, rinse , repeat.
I bring my book with me sometimes. Counter girls go nuts.
RichFrye Wrote:
cbreon Wrote:The worst part of getting them at at local drug store or wherever, is explaining to a $3/hr worker why you want them....then they have all sorts of questions. But still beats buying them, haven't had to buy any yet.

That's why you don't talk to $3 people. You jump right to $5 managers and explain that you have froggies , send pics if you need, hammer land fill, rinse , repeat.

Rich gets all the girls with his frog book. Its a good thing its a picture book, i heard Rich likes em young.

LOL Just giving you a hard time... dont yell at me
KGB Wrote:
RichFrye Wrote:

Rich gets all the girls with his frog book. Its a good thing its a picture book, i heard Rich likes em young.

LOL Just giving you a hard time... dont yell at me

Don't hate the player, hate the game :lol:
KGB Wrote:
RichFrye Wrote:
cbreon Wrote:... don't yell at me
Not a chance. Unless you yell at me for destroying your can empire. :wink:
Rich, have you ever used seed pods? Any success with that?
I have, years ago. The ones I had leaked water and needed to be siliconed. More water than needed anyway. Too big of a pool for my liking.
Those film canisters are becoming more and more scarceSad ... but did find them fairly inexpensive for sale at http://www.filmcanistersforsale.com
They are not 40 cents + "scarse", but thanks for that.
Oops...sorry -- I just spent quite a while searching around for film cans, and came across this. I guess I must live someplace where they are almost impossible to get anymore at the usual (in the past) grocery stores. Did I mis-spell "scarce"?
Thanks again.
Unfortunately digital cameras mean No film cans.Even most professional photographers are digital now.They're only going to get harder to find as we go with technological advances.Stock up while you CAN
It's a good thing we have alternatives to film cans . If some people want over 40 cents now, I'd hate to see what they'll go for in The Great Can Drought. Big Grin

Pill bottles, bubble straws, test tubes, vials, etc. etc. etc. To think a little can would cost about as much as the product it used to hold is silly when there are plenty of options out there.
Lids must be a big deal to someone out there, just not me.

As far as the pro photogs go, you'll always find a market for film . There are just things you can not do with pixels and film will always be loved. Yes, they'll keep getting harder to find though.