Dart Den

Full Version: Female Heavy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am female heavy with a number of my obligates, grannies and pums , specifically.
Please email me @ richfrye@comcast.com with any questions.
All old lines or pums who's lineage can be verified by a recent thread.
Brad M., the guy who has my 'line' granny females for sale on DB wrote to ask how much I'm selling my stuff for, so he could "raise cash for his inventory" he tells me in his second email when I ask why he'd want to sell yet more of my stuff... is correct in telling me I wrote the wrong email addy in the above ad,

richfrye@comcast.net

should be the contact info.

Rich
First name, last initial should suffice for this.
OK, any other info I am able to give? I know there are more Brad M.'s than just Brad M. from Maine...
I mean , I know Brad M. contacted you to take down my post from Saturday, so exactly what am I able to tell about someone selling my frogs? I've not done business with him, so I don't think vendor feedback , which should always include full names, in appropriate, is it?
You know this entire hobby is small and rare obligates, even smaller yet. 80% of EVERYBODY on DB either reads us, tunes in, is also a member here. I'm quite sure that the result you hope to achieve - getting the info out will succeed just fine with Brad M. and New England. You elected to use your full 'real' name for hobby and business purposes and I think highly of that - putting your real life rep on the hobby ect, but I don't expect everyone else to agree with that, case in point, me. I don't feel the need for my full name to on the web for ANY of the 5-6 forums and BB that I'm frequently on.

Use your head here. Make a Soapbox thread entitled " Someone is selling O. granulifera claiming they are mine" or something to that effect and start small with what you know, OR what you believe is happening and DD take's it from there. I'm sure Craig and myself will assist the thread if it is indeed pointing correctly to that end.

I'm not a big fan or PM's and Email 'splashing' as most of you know. I would withhold THAT type of ammunition till needed at the very end or when the battle requires it. Even then, personal info in this case is...well....not required to be splashed onto a public forum at this stage.

Soapbox - DB'ers ALL know about us. This is a tiny hobby. The handful of newbs that it won't reach can't be helped nor will they be of any real consequence in the long run.
Thanks.
I thought that ad was a little odd. Who is in such a rush to sell, esp with regard to the species in question. Furthermore, I have no idea who that fellow is, and considering that I've been in the NE hobby for a while (6 years), I find that a little odd. In any case, more hobby drama...
Hi, I've been on DB for a handful of years and been meaning to register on this site since there is more obligate discussion.

I registered today to ask what seems to be an obvious question... If Rich hasn't dealt with the guy could it be that he got his frogs from someone who has dealt with Rich?
I'm hoping Rich starts another thread on this. I had to delete a post of his here that had a series of PM / email info cut and pasted here. A new thread can/will belong in the 'general questions' subforum and not the 'box, as well.

And yes, Brad M. did message me asking for me to remove it, as it contained personal info. Proof positive that BOTH forums are easily alerted by just such a post as this one, is right here before you. The questions are getting asked and info is circulating as it should.
I'll ad info soon.
Bottom line. There was a warning a couple months ago (on DB, by a MOD and talked about here) about some of the usual suspects "bringing in and attempting to sell" a lot of smuggled grannies.
I don't know Brad M. at all, and his attempt at getting info from me under less than honest attempts , adding the fact he won't send pics nor tell me who he bought the frogs he's using my name on... does not give me a warm fuzzy feeling.
Now, as some high end frogs get moved around the hobby and used as bargaining chips, we get bad info mixed with no info.

Know who you are buying your frogs from.
If there are no answers offered or resistance, that's a big red flag.
When a listed price is cut in half in less than a week, red flag.
When the flag waver is using my name and will not prove they are my line, red flag...I'm not happy.
Rich,

Please refrain from giving good advice and go back to pointless bickering. It makes it really hard to throw dartden under the bus when you start giving out sound logical advice.

Phil,
How much longer are you going to let Rich stay on this board and point out when people are trying to selling frogs with questionable lineage? Think about all those people that brought in illegal frogs for the benefit of our hobby? What are they going to do with all those illegal frogs?

Bottom line, Rich is only hurting the hobby by not claiming those Grannies are his regardless of where or how they got in the states.

I don't mean to be modest, but I have a delicious recipe for Irish babies.

-Byron
This is pricelss, from a DB post;

"Someday, maybe, hopefully, somehow, we could have a breeding tracking system.

Education is the key, in my opinion.

Brad "

Keep hoping Brad, keep hoping and helping...
Armson Wrote:Rich,

Please refrain from giving good advice and go back to pointless bickering. It makes it really hard to throw dartden under the bus when you start giving out sound logical advice.

I could ad to the fairy tail that I started quite a few years ago, but some drunk apologist has taken up the TD fairy of late.
I'm not sure where he finds the time , what with all the cherry picking Panama shipments and moving my frogs around.