Dart Den

Full Version: Wondering how to heat my tank
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a 24x24 cube vivarium and the temp doesn't get above 72. I have 3 led jungle dawn lights and a heat cable underneath the tank. Anything else I can do to heat it up?
72 should be fine, no need to heat them up anymore.. especially if its winter/cold months for you right now.
Yes I live in no my house is 68. So 72 is ok? I only have plants right now but by the spring I will have bumble bees. How many can I have in a tank this size?
New Jersey
Yeah a lot of my tanks during the winter do not get over 71-73. During the summer months they get between 74-78. Depends on how well you designed your vivarium. I would say 3 would be a good number for that sized tank.
Thank you. Do you know a website that explains the lighting requirements for vivarium plants?
No heating is nessa unless your house gets below 65F and even then, 65F for just a few hours at night and then again, only for a few months as 'seasonal' is even ok.

Here's a good thread on lighting as well as an excellent vendor - click on his website link, you'll see it.

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=5541