Dart Den

Full Version: Poll - Vendor Feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Its my opinion that vendor feedback limitations should be the same as classified limitations. The only vendor feedback that should be counted or allowed to be posted is from members that have a minimum of 25 posts or more and a board presence of at least 6 months.

My current suspicion is that people are creating fake accounts to offer vendor feedback on sales that never occurred, just to bolster business. If people see positive feedback from a recent sale they are more likely to assume the seller is 'safe.' To protect the community, I think this is a 'no brainer.' Furthermore, how valuable is feedback from a username that's been around for a few days, let alone their first post.

Share your opinions and vote on the poll...
25 post i don't agree on. there would be some people that have been in the hobby for years but have just become members. so now they have to post 25 times just to post on vendor feedback. maybe it should be sort of how much knowledge does the person have in the hobby. you have some people that it seems they just like to see their name on the forum and have over 100 posts in a weeks time.
pa.walt Wrote:. maybe it should be sort of how much knowledge does the person have in the hobby. .

And how do you propose this gets regulated?
The guy/s who are creating these fake accounts should be tossed.
The guy/s who have created these fake accounts and then commits fraud by lying about non-existent business transactions should be tossed .
But, that's not happening here, even after they get caught perpetrating multiple crimes.

Now , if the person wanting to leave feedback has to have some time in grade to post positives, then I don't think anyone in the hobby will suffer if the good news is delayed by enough time for us to possibly, possibly trust the poster giving feedback.
If there is a verifiable bad transaction , and it can be proven, I want to hear about it right away.

Personally , it does not bother me one bit to have to wait for good feedback from anyone dealing with me.
RichFrye Wrote:Personally , it does not bother me one bit to have to wait for good feedback from anyone dealing with me.

My thought exactly...

Also, bad transaction warnings/feedback could still be handled through the mods. This would allow there to be a block for feedback until a threshold is met but would still allow an outlet to warn about bad transactions.
pa.walt Wrote:25 post i don't agree on. there would be some people that have been in the hobby for years but have just become members. so now they have to post 25 times just to post on vendor feedback. maybe it should be sort of how much knowledge does the person have in the hobby. you have some people that it seems they just like to see their name on the forum and have over 100 posts in a weeks time.

I'm pretty sure some exceptions could be made. If you're an old timer, or a long time member on another board, thats another story. But some random username, i.e. 'snake_oil_salesman69,' with no presence and no posts, you need to spend some time on the board so I can put some value with your opinion.
One thing I know is an absolute certainty with those trying to habitually scam us,
if they keep getting rewarded Confusedhock: for their bad behavior :evil: by being left alone and are still Confusedhock: able to keep creating multiple sock-puppets to sell their frogs, Confusedhock: they will keep doing so . :roll:
I'm not sure why they/he get/s rewarded Confusedhock: by the ability to sell here, :roll: but I know lots of others are wondering :?: the same as me. Confusedhock: :?:

I thought the use of emoticons was quicker than drawing out a picture that any 5 year old would understand. Expressing the frustration that even a five year old would feel at such happenings. Five, that's about how old it would be for the 'normal' child to grasp the issues of said scammer and reason for Craig's thread here today...(you can only use 10 per post BTW, for anyone wondering)
cbreon Wrote:My current suspicion is that people are creating fake accounts to offer vendor feedback on sales that never occurred, just to bolster business.

That did seem rather blatant (I'm rather positive we are all talking about a recent positive post concerning a specific "breeder")
Yes, we are talking about Sidney and all his sock puppets.
Really easy to figure out who we are talking about.
Apparently it is somehow REALLY hard to do something about it...???
RichFrye Wrote:Yes, we are talking about Sidney and all his sock puppets.
Really easy to figure out who we are talking about.
Apparently it is somehow REALLY hard to do something about it...???
I hope phil will step it up on this one and take care of youafter yet one mire false accusation. so fake names to give myself feedback huh? one second please
cbreon Wrote:Its my opinion that vendor feedback limitations should be the same as classified limitations. The only vendor feedback that should be counted or allowed to be posted is from members that have a minimum of 25 posts or more and a board presence of at least 6 months.

My current suspicion is that people are creating fake accounts to offer vendor feedback on sales that never occurred, just to bolster business. If people see positive feedback from a recent sale they are more likely to assume the seller is 'safe.' To protect the community, I think this is a 'no brainer.' Furthermore, how valuable is feedback from a username that's been around for a few days, let alone their first post.

Share your opinions and vote on the poll...
Sad.... how youspend your day. Sadness for you
https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmA ... 0000063112
Theres your fake transaction......

Get a life brothers. I dont see where the action is being taken by phil to end your harrasment and all this "bickering."
Phil can answer this.
Phil, has Sidney, here , on your forum ever posted under a sock puppet and given himself praise for a fictitious sale?
Phil knows the answer is yes, we have talked about it.
Sidney has had several sock puppets on different forums.
The habitual scammer will never go way, you have to send him away.

Just because there may be a sale or two that go right , does not mean Ferrell is anything less than a scam artist.
sidney ferrell Wrote:https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAc...0000063112
Theres your fake transaction......

Get a life brothers. I dont see where theaction is being taken by phil to end your harrasment and all this "bickering."
Thanks for thr head's up to look through the WV froggers, not too many of them.
Phil-

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Frog-Fau ... 9426332225

here is stephanie(fake member) lyons facebook feel free to contact her anyday.

My request to you....can you please have tgese idiots stop attacking me on every littke thing? you pmd me and told me what was up and I agreed and hace done nothing wrong yet you let thius moron come on and publicly try to burn me in a daily basis! no rules appky to him? and does cbreon really need ti show you how to run your forum?
RichFrye Wrote:Phil can answer this.
Phil, has Sidney, here , on your forum ever posted under a sock puppet and given himself praise for a fictitious sale?
Phil knows the answer is yes, we have talked about it.
Sidney has had several sock puppets on different forums.
The habitual scammer will never go way, you have to send him away.

Just because there may be a sale or two that go right , does not mean Ferrell is anything less than a scam artist.
Fake names???? name them!!!! you dont have one guaranteed! youre a fool,con and a liar and believe me....many more hate you than me... youve burned people and soon theyll post about it too.