Dart Den

Full Version: Picketwire BBQ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2nd place Ribs, 3rd place Chicken, 4th place beans, 1st place brisket and Kaufman County brisket champion... Reserve Grand Champ Overall....just have to gloat.
That is awesome! Congrats!
Care to share a brisket recipe? PLease????
Hellyeah! Congrats!

Guess who is bringing the brisket to the frogtober meeting at my place... :wink:
pics or this thread is worthless....
Philsuma Wrote:pics^h^h^h^h samples or this thread is worthless....

Fixed that for ya...
Quality meat is super important. I shall send a pm or email Phil. As far as pics go we forgot the camera in the hustle of loading all the stuff for the comp and didn't think to take celly pics of the turn in boxes.
Nice Zach. You do know what this means come Frogtober time, right? Let the pressuring begin!
I wish i would have taken pics of the meats, i know froggers are very visual creatures. Ill post some pics of the plaques later today.
Been a while, here is a recent brisket pic.
Hey stranger! Hope you can make it to next frogtober meet, please bring "samples." Smoked some ribs today, Dads B-day tomorrow. Just need to keep hubby from eating them....
when is the next shindig?
Not sure on the day but will be in October.
Yum.
Coho and Kings do well on le TX grill?
Im sure they would be, we don't have anything like that here though. If we do it is very expensive and probably not fresh. I am actually going to look at pork bellies today......that will be worth taking some photos.
Texas Brisket BBQ > North Carolina pulled pork, vinegar base and slaw.
Agreed, some true south Texas BBQ is hard to beat. East coast pork is pretty spectacular though, as long as it doesn't have that silly sauce on it.
Little known except by Native Pennsyltuckyians, is that the Pork Sandwich with broccoli rabb is often more desirable than any cheesesteak.

[Image: Roast+Pork+Sandwich+DiNic+Philly.jpg]
Ive seen this on the TV, It sounds delicious!
Philsuma Wrote:Texas Brisket BBQ > North Carolina pulled pork, vinegar base and slaw.

I'm going to beg to differ. Love the vinegar based BBQ sauce in the VA / Carolina region.

Kings Diner in Petersburg, VA - BBQ nirvana.
Always an exception to the rule....