Dart Den

Full Version: super glue for attaching plants ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know there are other maybe easier ways but how do you think super glue would work for attaching vining plants on a branch. just a little dab. or do you think that the glue affect the stem. I always wondered about this.
Never tried super glue, but I've had good luck with hot glue (avoiding the "high temp" variety) to glue plants; I tend to tack in broms with it to hold them steady until they get their holdfasts attached.
thanks for the reply. I do remember people using the hot glue. I guess will just have to give it a try and see how it effects the plant.
When Tillandsias are sold at big box stores over here, they are often attached to resin figurines by hot glue, so that would probably be a good choice. Attaching corals in reef tanks to the live rock is often done with super glue, and people are actually taught how to close a wound with super glue when no other option is available. I forgot the active ingredient in it, but it may also be worth testing on some not so valuable plants as a possible attaching tool.
Does anybody know whether there are any issues with frogs and cyanoacrylate glues?
Chuck Lawson Wrote:Does anybody know whether there are any issues with frogs and cyanoacrylate glues?
yeah this is why the question about the super glue.