Dart Den

Full Version: For Sale-Complete Cage Front Assemblies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We now have our Complete Cage Front Assemblies available on our website http://www.supesexoticjungle.com This is not a do it yourself "Conversion Kit" but rather a complete assembly that you simply silicone to your tank. All Handles, locks, hinges etc... are already finished for you! There are 5 different designs and 10 total fronts available for a variety of vivarium animals from dart frogs to geckos and everything between. We manufacture our fronts specifically for each customers order to insure a proper fit for your tank(s) no matter what brand of tank you have. You can see a video on how to properly measure your tank(s) for your order by clicking here http://youtu.be/u3on2xn7n3w Please visit our website or email us at upesexoticjungle@yahoo.com">supesexoticjungle@yahoo.com if you have any questions or would like to order.
I really like 'Door kits' and believe they have a lasting place in our hobby and I'm glad to see these. They look like fine construction.

One thing....the top vent is huge- for me, anyway. Could you ever make a 1/2 size vent ?
Absolutely! We cut and assemble all parts in house from start to finish and are able to alter the door and vent size to fit your needs. We manufacture them specifically for each order to insure a good fit and this also allows us the ability to customize the design within reason of course Smile A simple increase or decrease of vent or door size would NOT result in any additional charge. We would just need your tank dimensions and desired alterations and we could get your items started right away. Thank you for giving us the chance to answer this question and for the feedback on our product line.
Very professional looking. Also like the 1/4" and 1/8" glass.
Thank you for the feedback. I would like to also thank you for pointing out an oversight on my part. In order to continue offering a variety of design options and sizes we have changed the door thickness to 3/32 rather than 1/8 inch. The weight just gets to be to much on the larger sizes with the 1/8 inch and would restrict the variety we could offer. The bases are still solid 1/4 inch glass for strength and durability and that will not change. The website has been changed to reflect this and thank you again for bringing this up so I could point it out and make the necessary updates.
Here ya go Beth....best door kits I have seen in a long time, AND he will customize them !
Thanks Phil!
I meant to post here as well.
Will give them a try and post some feedback.
I don't care for the kit I bought, to the point that I won't be using it. Nothing wrong with the fit, I just can't get past the drop down door...but a lot of my frogs can.
Tanks Hun, I sent them an e-mail tonight so obviously do not have a reply yet.
Wish Casper could quit his day job, yes I am in line so to speak for his vert kits. Froglets are ahead of schedule....
Any other suggestions for a decent vert kit for thumbs?
Beth, my kits came from Dane. Aside from the vent being a bit large there is nothing wrong with them, perfect fit for a 20, easy to install, just not the way I want to go.
A lot or people don't like the drop down door kits, but I do. I like them up high on a rack, where you can just let the door open and rest on your chest while servicing the viv. I WILL admit, that they can be tricky to work with and a lot of new hobbyists have issues with them. I do like them, though.
IDPM Wrote:Beth, my kits came from Dane. Aside from the vent being a bit large there is nothing wrong with them, perfect fit for a 20, easy to install, just not the way I want to go.

Brad a while back I was told not to get Dane's kits because they were plastic and break.
Maybe he has changed the design....
Brent recently replied and suggested #4.
I will ask him about the drop down doors and see if he has others or can modify one.
The kits that I received were all glass except for the living hinge and the vent portion, there was a small strip of plexi glass attached to the vent assembly.

If only side openers were offered... :wink:
We are always working on new designs and side openers or double doors are certainly on the list and very possible once we work out a couple of issues. The biggest problem is that they are much more difficult for the customer to assemble. Our dropdown door assemblies are designed to take the work out of the assembly on the customers end. You just silicone two pieces down and you have a good fit. Lining up double doors or a side swinging door with your base and vent on a standard size tank can be difficult and making it fit so a tiny thumbnail dart cannot get out is even harder. We are working on it however and the feedback given here has been appreciated. Our designs originally came from our gecko, treefrog and larger dart tanks and our thumbnail experience has been limited to our group of vents that we have housed with one of our dropdown doors though we didn't house them in there as tiny babies.

Brad: I would be interested to hear specifically what the complaint is about frogs being able to get past the door as it may be something we can solve. If they are able to get past the space between the vent and the door it is simply a matter of butting them up closer when you put it on your tank. If it is something else then we would certainly like to hear what we could do to improve our designs specifically for the thumbnail hobbyist. Would even be willing to send you a new one with the improved design if we can work something out together since this is an area that door assemblies seem to be popular but perhaps our designs could be improved for your specific needs.

Thanks,
Brent Barrick
email: upesexoticjungle@yahoo.com">supesexoticjungle@yahoo.com
Hey Guys,
Wanted to share with you one of our designs we are working on for our cagefronts that appears very promising. It is still being tested but is on the verge of being added to our options for converting your tank. It is guaranteed 100% escape proof for even the smallest of frogs as well as fruit flies and also has a side opening swinging door or a dropdown door, whichever you prefer for your application. The screen is fly proof and there is overlapping glass under the point where the door assembly meets the screen assembly. It is still a 2 piece assembly and all you have to do is silicone the two pieces on your tank and you are done. Even when made with the dropdown door it will be much more escape proof than our previous designs when it comes to your tiny thumbnail frogs and fruit flies as our main goal with this design was complete escape prevention without sacrificing appearance and we are confident that we have made it completely escape proof. You will have to be the judge of the appearance Big Grin If all goes well with our final tests we will be able to offer these for sale very soon. This is just a prototype and was made from scraps we had laying around and some modifications may be necessary before being released but I wanted to let you guys know what we have been working on and give you a taste of how close we are to releasing some new designs that will hopefully solve the issues that our thumbnail hobbyist customers have voiced to us. Feedback is always welcome.
Thanks,
Brent
Brent,
This looks like it might be a solution for what you have previously offered. Please keep us posted!
Diane
I would reduce that top screen area by @20%
I agree with Phil. My biggest concern is juvie thumbs escaping over ffy's, any demos on front open vert kit? Like a door that is below the top screen? The big thing now is the sliding doors, not to speak for all of us but from the conversations with others would be worth the extra $$.
Screen size was selected at random on this demo. Was just trying to work out the mechanics of the design. Screen area can be adjusted to fit individual needs. As for young thumbs getting out, the entire assembly is built on a frame that is silicone all the way around to the tank. The door assembly sits completely flush with the frame and is sealed all the way around preventing any escapes. The place where the door meets the top screen is also backed up by a glass section that sits lush with the frame anddoor preventing any gaps. I honestly don't believe you can vet any more escape proof than this front as long as you.silicone the frame all the way around when attaching it. Not exactly sure what you mean by a " front open vert kit" but hopefully this design will appeal to some and as always we will continue working to improve what we have to offer. I personally never cared for sliding glass doors but to each their own I guessSmile Thanks for the feedback everyone and let me know if you have any questions or further feedback.