Dart Den

Full Version: young hawk - pics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had the opportunity to take some hawk pics literally in my back yard, sitting on one of my pasture fences.Enjoy!
Great shots Lou. Red tail ?
Thanks,It is a young female coopers hawk.
Stunning! Excellent photos - thanks for sharing!
Thanks,I was going to try and enter one in the potm,but I don't know if it has to be frog related.
oddlot Wrote:Thanks,I was going to try and enter one in the potm,but I don't know if it has to be frog related.

...yeah...we try to include anything remotely dart frog related though. Now if the Hawk had a film can in it's talons...
ok I was just curious because the rules stated that any pic on the site could be picked and fair game,so I wasn't sure.I wanted to share for everyone to enjoy either way.Thanks Phil
Never say never...

They are really really good pics.

Lou, do you know Lee H. (frogger) from Maryland ? He has his falconers credentials and flies a Red Tail, last time I spoke with him. I used to have a small Kestrel for a few weeks before taking it to a sanctuary.
The name sounds familiar.They are amazing animals.I have thought about getting the falconer licensing in the past,but realized that it wouldn't be fair with all the time I put into the frogs,I wouldn't be able to properly work with it. Who knows what the future will bring.