Dart Den

Full Version: Neoregelia Chiquita Linda/ R. ventrimaculatus pics.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[attachment=0]IMG_020.
frogs are cool Wrote:[attachment=0]IMG_020.

What type of lights are you using over it?
Nothing fancy just two 48" T12
frogs are cool Wrote:Nothing fancy just two 48" T12

If you wanted to see more color out of your broms I would switch over to a T-5 or LED lights.
I'm not sure this one has any color other than the red spots it gets at the tips of the leaves, every now and then a few pups will have a red center. From what I remember reading when I got them a few years ago they were one of the few that did well with low light and stayed small. But I have never had this one under bright light so I don't have anything to compare. I switched from VHO bulbs back in the day as a way to cool down the frog room. The room would get up to 80* running a reverse cycle during the summer. Since switching I have noticed more frog activity with lower light and a little cooler temps. Now the room temp stays around 74*-76* on a regular cycle with more lights. I may take a pup and set it up in a different room with brighter lights just to see what happens I would love to know.
They will stay small but when well lit will really color up.
Thanks I will have to try it out. It will give me a reason to try LEDs on my vivs. Smile
frogs are cool Wrote:Thanks I will have to try it out. It will give me a reason to try LEDs on my vivs. Smile

Todd w/ lightyourreptiles.com has some great LEDs and has very good reviews on the forums Wink
Thanks Chris I will have to look into it. I noticed the link below your signature, are you affiliated with light your reptiles.