Dart Den

Full Version: The 'Newb' wish list when starting out in the hobby
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A little tongue in cheek here...

#1 - lots of moss. Carpets of the greenest of green moss

#2 - Waterfall - the BIG kind, exactly like the one the Jurassic park helicopter flew over Isla Nublar

#3 - Enclosure mates - lizards, maybe some birds...possibly monkeys

#4 - Carnivorous plants

#5 - Self sustaining - no need to EVER feed or even open the lid

and remember...we were ALL species of Newbs, once.
You left out most expensive endangered species of frogs on the planet that only feed on crickets and mealworms.
#6 - I want a big fog machine to generate rolling, rock-star fog several times a day. The frogs (and I) will love it !
#7 Pyrotechnics....oh, and an experienced frogger to answer the most basic of questions and tell me how to do everything so I don't have to do any work or research myself.
#8 Can I put at least 2 different species together in the same tank or if not, can i partition the tank and keep them all together ?

#9 Can I put betta fish, killifish, pup fish, cherry bla bla minnows, clawed frogs, those bumpy bombina frogs or a tiny tentacled snake in the water feature pool ?
#10 - how many frogs can I fit in a 10g?
Ahhh, who amongst us hasn't given strong consideration to a moss covered island occupied by lehmani, 20 lehmani (for you Brian), in the middle of a saltwater sting ray tank transitioned to a sandy beach with vampire crabs cooled by the mist of a monsterous waterfall with cypress knees jutting out of the water covered by tillandsias and designer broms with a giant buddha-statue-fog-machine guarded by a Gaboon viper . Of course the lighting would include moon-phases and potentially a multi-color strobe for 'party mode.' I am sure we could work in some pyrotechnics for Jon's sake :lol:
Another good one - Gaboon Viper (Africa).

# 11 - I want a vivarium with at least 4 different species of animals from 4 different continents.
Philsuma Wrote:Another good one - Gaboon Viper (Africa).

# 11 - I want a vivarium with at least 4 different species of animals from 4 different continents.

And if you're viper shopping at, say a place like Hamburg, make sure to hold the untaped, not-so-secure, plastic container (previously home to some dried apricots from Sam's Club) with holes drilled in the side, right up to your face as you look at a instinct-driven predator directly in the eyes as it hisses at you... a little bit of inside, Hamburg Pennsyltucky humor, but I will just say : sometimes you get to actually see it happen :lol:
cbreon Wrote:Ahhh, who amongst us hasn't given strong consideration to a moss covered island occupied by lehmani, 20 lehmani (for you Brian), in the middle of a saltwater sting ray tank transitioned to a sandy beach with vampire crabs cooled by the mist of a monsterous waterfall with cypress knees jutting out of the water covered by tillandsias and designer broms with a giant buddha-statue-fog-machine guarded by a Gaboon viper . Of course the lighting would include moon-phases and potentially a multi-color strobe for 'party mode.' I am sure we could work in some pyrotechnics for Jon's sake :lol:

I want all of this for $79.99 delivered to my door Priority Mail so I can have it yesterday.
RanaVenenosa Wrote:
cbreon Wrote:Ahhh, who amongst us hasn't given strong consideration to a moss covered island occupied by lehmani, 20 lehmani (for you Brian), in the middle of a saltwater sting ray tank transitioned to a sandy beach with vampire crabs cooled by the mist of a monsterous waterfall with cypress knees jutting out of the water covered by tillandsias and designer broms with a giant buddha-statue-fog-machine guarded by a Gaboon viper . Of course the lighting would include moon-phases and potentially a multi-color strobe for 'party mode.' I am sure we could work in some pyrotechnics for Jon's sake :lol:

I want all of this for $79.99 delivered to my door Priority Mail so I can have it yesterday.
We could do another thread on buyer/seller expectations, haha!
#12 - insects to make them toxic?
Looking for tadpoles for sale......

One posted recently on another forum. "I have a 75 gal. Viv and have 3 morphs in it and when the 2 tinc morphs "look" mature I will put them in another viv...."
I want a PAIR! Right off the bat....by no means am i a vet.....I wanted a pair and i got them. But after about a year of learning I am still overwhelmed by the production. NEWBs like I need to realize you need to plan for the offspring of said pair ( booming springtails, ample grow outs, Etc.) Sorry about the.........