Dart Den

Full Version: 2.5 Gallon Acrylic Bowfront Terrarium
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

plantaquaria

I was wondering if it would be possible to put any type of frogs in here and what kind? Its ok if not thats ok I am enjoying it the way it is.

Darks!de

I have a 2.5g hex tank set up and was wondering the same thing. From people I've talked to, it seems it would be best used for froglets, but 1 thumbnail would probably do alright in there.

Luke
You could use it for holding froglets that you are sure are"clean".
A tank that small just does not work like a larger one. Zero microclimates, zero room, zero room to move away from something the Dart may not like, zero breeding, zero bang for the buck. I could go on with the zeros.
Would you want to keep your dog penned up in a three foot cubed cell? You could. Some do.
Culture springtails in it.
Rich
Hey, Very nice Nano. I'm a mini fan and have been enjoying my tank without an occupant for a number of months. I have a 5 gallon Hex in another section that I learned through an unrelated thread that some felt was too small for darts. What is growing in your tank now, and are you going to add a few more plants ?

plantaquaria

I was thinking it was too small, but thats ok its awesome anyway. The plants I have are just mosses I found with somekind of succulant alpine. I wanna add some kind of small creeping vine plant like baby tears or something. [/i]
How about a creeping fig? It's vine. It creeps.