Dart Den

Full Version: Jungle Dawn 20w LED grow and glow lights ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Updating some of my lights and wanted to know what you all think. For a 40 gallon breeder i have two jungle dawn 20w LED Grow and Glow. After plugging one in tonight i thought it looked like an airplains landing lights...maybe one is all i will need. Anyone with experience with these care to add. One or both will be mounted inside a wooden hood with a computer fan and vent holes on the sides and the back of the hood is open.
Chris, I just ordered two of these this evening for my new galact viv which is basically the same size as your 40b. How is the coverage from just the single bulb? I planned on running two over my tank, I can't see a single bulb being enough to keep great color in some broms but I could be wrong. I am looking forward to getting them in.

PS...Post a pic!
The camera settings remained the same to show the reflective light sensitivity.I wasnt sure of a better way to show the difference. The top viv. photo is with both lights on and the lower is just one.
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
frogs are cool Wrote:Updating some of my lights and wanted to know what you all think. For a 40 gallon breeder i have two jungle dawn 20w LED Grow and Glow. After plugging one in tonight i thought it looked like an airplains landing lights...maybe one is all i will need. Anyone with experience with these care to add. One or both will be mounted inside a wooden hood with a computer fan and vent holes on the sides and the back of the hood is open.

woooosh!
Grow and Glow coming in for a landing.
:lol:

here's my advice

LIGHT CYCLE

2 inexpensive timers from Wal Mart.

Then have one GG go on 1st at 7 or 8 AM

Second GG on at noon to simulate full mid day tropic sun for the broms, to get them to color.

Then...
one GG goes off at .. say... 5 or 6 PM.

So then you start having sun set.

Now if you really want to frost that cake.... :wink:

and to top 'er off, you could even add one of these on for a few hours for "dusk":
http://www.lightyourreptiles.com/armoledst.html
they will work on a 4.99 wal mart timer too. Big Grin

But that's just me... Mr. Light Crazy.

Cheers and Thank You for your support!
I really appreciate it.
Most Sincerely,
Todd
frogs are cool Wrote:[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

BTW
This is a very beautiful tank.
Tongue
Thanks Todd, i had the same idea yesterday. Here is a photo with one of the LED on from 4-7pm the other is how the viv looked with a blue LED marine night light.
Thanks for the pictures Chris! How far above the tank are the lights mounted? It looks like their coverage is pretty good.
They are 5" from the top of the tank
Did you say you had a computer fan in the hood--?

If so - can you post a pic of the mufin fan ?

It is good for folks to see how those can be used w/ led to keep things even cooler!

Thanks!
I hope to try some grow and glows here soon. Great thread and looks to be plenty bright with just one 20w light!
Was going to post these in a different plant thread but thought it may be a good place to test the lights on mini orchids. A before and after shot....If i don't kill them first!
excellent pics Chris ! Thanks for sharing.
Venutus1 Wrote:Did you say you had a computer fan in the hood--?

If so - can you post a pic of the mufin fan ?

It is good for folks to see how those can be used w/ led to keep things even cooler!

Thanks!
Sorry it took so long to post the photos.
One more of the viv. with just one light. I found that with two on the "mints" didnt like the bright lights. And just within a few days with one light the broms have started showing a lot of color already. Not saying two light arent better but for the animals i have inside one is all im willing to do for this size vivarium. Very impressed so far!
Great job with the pictures Chris, you definitely have a talent.
My 20w grow and glow bulbs arrived today. I can't wait to get home and try them out. For now they are sitting here at work staring at me. I don't even have a fixture I can put them into to light them up.
Thanks Dustin, I think your going to like the lights, i love them. And thanks to those here that recommended switching to LED's. Big Grin
I set up my grow and glows on the galact viv the other day. So far I really like the color they produce and they are bright. You were right Chris, I think two of them may be too much light. I am leaving just one over the tank and I am going to see how it does that way.
I like the color as well and yes they are bright. Any photos?
Here is a whole tank shot with a single 20w. I didn't leave the second one up to take a picture of it.

[Image: DSC_7189copy_zps678ea367.jpg]