Dart Den

Full Version: how soon to pull imitator tads ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As the title says, how soon do you guys pull imitator tadpoles? I know some people pull theirs inmediately, i just wanted to know pros and cons of pulling tadpoles early or waiting
I would wait until they break free of the egg themselves. Just make sure they are misted and then overall tank humidity is on the high side.
Yeah its been free of the egg for a few days now. I was just waiting till its old enough to suck it out with a pipette and raise it outside of the viv. The question is:how long after it is out of the egg would you wait?
Take it out now then. I'd use a small plastic flexible spoon like the kind they give you with slurpeez
I have a fairly large pipette that i used to have from feeding my corals various soild foods. Has a fat opening so it did the job well
Last week I saw a couple eggs in an easy to reach spot so I took those out and put them on a petri dish. They just hatched over the last couple of days and are doing fine (separately).
I have been pulling imi tads after parents transport and feed for a few weeks. They beef up a lot in that time, and I think are much hardier to move. Also, it lets them get a little of the parental care / egg nutrition as well as your tad food of choice. I dont know if there's any real benefit to doing this, just the way I've been doing it.