Dart Den

Full Version: ridinshotgun's frog theater!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here is my frog theater!  Much smaller than it used to be but life is like that!

[attachment=118]

[attachment=119]
Nice and compact. I often wish I could downscale to a nice tidy room corner like that. That's totally the way the frog hobby works - you start small and want to get huge and then when the whole basement is filled, you are like, damn, I wish I didn't have so many racks. Ha
Yeah at one time it took up the whole wall of that included another full rack, a detached 29 gal tank and additional storage under a window. I was going through a decent amount of flies every week.
I can't wait to see the Sherman Viv and Eurorack all fixed up and flying!

Very exciting.
I'll have to take some more pic tomorrow when the lights come on. Everything has grown out a bit since those original pics.

I got the rack home alright and started work on it. The other bundle of tubes was a separate single wide stand. I just have to figure out exactly how it was set up. It looks like he originally had a sliding door cabinet on it but I think I might be short one tube because I have one with sliding track on it for the cabinet section but not a partner to it. Not a problem since I have a local metal place I can source more tube if needed. I have to go back to work on it tomorrow. I just ran out of juice and light today after I got home.
Here are some photos from today. These tanks have about 4 months growth on them.
[attachment=394]
[attachment=393]
[attachment=395]
Is that a tile background in the middle photo?
No it is foam blocks glued to the back and then drylock with a paint coloring added.

I like the method and think that is what I am going to try on the new viv I just picked up from Phil.
Nice, those rocks are cool
Got the new rack up yet? How about an eldorado pic?
I got the rack up but using it for storage until I can get to making tanks that fit better than typical conversions. I am going to try making some PVC tanks that fit to a T. Not much hurry though since I have been feeling under the weather for the past few weeks after my last surgery. Gotta see the doc on Monday to see what's going on.

I built a stand for that Sherman. Have to finish sheathing it once I am back on track. I'll snap some pics when I am over in the shop next working on it.

I try and snap some pics tomorrow of the Eldos when they are out and about. Lights are out now.
Here are some of the eldorados in their new home.

[attachment=443]

[attachment=444]

[attachment=445]
Well I got the stand built, the tank somewhat repaired and moved from the shop to the house. Now I need to start collecting all the stuff to install the background and make the faux tree roots i plan on.

[attachment=447]
Wow. Very nice!