Dart Den

Full Version: Is Dendrocare Vitamin Supplement ok ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Bronze Auratus

Hey guys just more of an FYI than anything. I was just about to purchase this supplement online and noticed when I typed "Dendrocare" in a second time a frognet hit came up with a few people saying they knew some people that tried the supplement with bad results. Seems Herptivite and Repcal are still the best to use. If anyone in here knows otherwise I'm interested in your experiences. Thanks everyone

cbreon

I've been using it for a couple of months (about 6) and have seen no noticeable differences to using herptivite/reptical. If anyone else has heard otherwise chime in so I can stop in time...please.
I use it in rotation with the "tried and true" ones...
It has a small amount of vit A, whereas the herptivite is said to have none (but instead uses beta-carotene)...
I remember reading of a frogger who was getting nothing but spindly froglets (while using the tried and true), then tried a reptile vitamin (which had some vit A) and started having better froglets...
I'm not quoting any papers or anything, just repeating what I read...
I've not had any problems with it (as far as I know).
I seem to recall the conclusion to the problem with the Dendrocare was that person was using vitamins that were out of date.
Dendrocare as well as Rep-Cal and Herptivite have expiration dates printed on the containers. Check the dates and be sure you are not using outdated product.
Also keep in mind that as soon as you open the factory sealed container, the product comes in contact with air and starts to degrade. Because of this some breeders will replace product every 6 months even if they have some remaining and it is still in date.
I think Ed K. related some info on a summer shipment where a large pallet of this Vitamin product from Germany, where it's made, was left sitting on the hot Tarmac and may have changed chemically, or otherwise was rendered "bad".

I think that whole "Batch" produced problems for some U.S Hobbyists but that seems to have been localized and I haven't heard anything negative myself.

I use this product in my Rotation of 6 powdered supplements without issue.
This is the one Black Jungle sells? If so I haven't had bad results from it.
hmm, I might have to obtain some and try it out. I only rotate ICB, superpig and nekton color.
Dendrocare is baaack!

Use it people...it's very good.
I can't seem to find it. Black jungle says they carry it, they just don't have it in stock.
Thanks Phil, sadly i tried that first with zero results.