Dart Den

Full Version: Help Back wall blues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Voodoo

O.K I have started to put silicone and the coco soft bedding. You know the brown powder stuff. On my back wall only on the great stuff part of the wall and about a day latter I stood the tank up and vacuumed the wall to remove all loose debris. When done I found spots I missed on the foam/Great Stuff no big deal I can fix that. The problem is in a few of the places the coco did not seem to adhere or is vary thin. Is there a problem going over these spots again? Is there a good way to do this?

Maybe I should tell you how I did this I used a cocking gun and spread the silicone by gloved hand then with the other hand dropped allot of coco on those spots. I pushed lightly no the coco and let it sit. PLEASE ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT or is this normal ? I'm a little scared that I'm going to mess up all of my hard work.

dustin_grey

I had a couple problems setting up my back way as well. Although wet silicone doesnt like to stick to dry silicone, with the soft coco bedding down it should provide enough grip to hold on. It did for me at least. I would go and put down plenty of silicone on those spots and just pile on the coco bedding. Dont worry about putting on too much because if it doesnt stick you can always reuse it.

Hope it works out for you. If anyone else reads this post, I have something to add:

If you are missing just a few spots on the back wall can you use nontoxic acrylic paint for a quick touchup? I dont have darts in there yet and wont be purchasing any for a month, so they wouldnt be exposed to the paint.

Big Grin
Thanks!