Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to apply Medication to Dart Frogs ?
I am new to dart frogs, and I am doing preparatory work for keeping them.
How are dart frogs medicated most often? I know that reptiles are medicated with feeding tubes and needles, but I can find no information about using feeding needles (tubes are a bit large, I think) on amphibians.
I've also heard that the frogs are soaked in medicated solution. If that is true, how are dosages controlled since the skin will have different absorption rates?
Hi,
Depending on what the problem is the meds and doses will vary quite a bit.
my brother has some med info on my site:
fryebrothersfrogs.com

Rich
Darts with parasites are analogous to mixed tanks, there are no known benefits to the frogs with either.

If tone is more important to you than content, you are at the wrong place.

My new email address is: rich.frye@icloud.com and new phone number is 773 577 3476
Hi Rich,
This may be an off topic question in this post but here goes anyhow,
If I were to buy all my frogs from say, you, who is an extremely outspoken advocate of quarantining, would I still need to quarantine them or is this something that may be skipped if all the frogs are from a clean source?
Hi,
Show me a breeder who claims his frogs are all 100% clean and I'll show you a big, long, shaky bridge for sale. I never make that claim because there are WAY too many ways of infecting your frogs with WAY too many parasites. It is still, and may remain, a mystery as to how many of these parasites enter a frog or collection.
With that, always quarantine.

Rich
Darts with parasites are analogous to mixed tanks, there are no known benefits to the frogs with either.

If tone is more important to you than content, you are at the wrong place.

My new email address is: rich.frye@icloud.com and new phone number is 773 577 3476
Very good and thanks again for all your advice!

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020