Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My First Tank...Very Basic
Here's a couple pictures of my first viv. Very basic...I'm planing on going much more advanced with our 100 gallon.
that looks sweeeeeeettt my friend!!
what you keeping in there?
I'm curious, where did you buy your tank?
We got it at a local pet store in Virginia Beach. It's the largest Exo-Terra I could find. They're expensive, but the front door access makes things so easy to work on.

Currently we have 2 RETF's in this one.
Very nice looking tank. Do you have a way to change the water in the bottom of the tank, just curious if the tank has a drilled drain or a false bottom.
Nice Job Smile
just to let you know....if you go on exo-terra's website they now do some really big ones now....some nearly a meter long....
i only noticed these the other day myself.
alex_azure Wrote:just to let you know....if you go on exo-terra's website they now do some really big ones now....some nearly a meter long....
i only noticed these the other day myself.

I saw those and would love to get one but I have not seen them anywhere for sale. I have not been looking real hard for them either but I would like to see how much they cost. If they are a lot and I expect they will be, for my next project I mat attempt a large (48x36x24) plywood enclosure.
06Honda Wrote:Very nice looking tank. Do you have a way to change the water in the bottom of the tank, just curious if the tank has a drilled drain or a false bottom.

There should be no reason to "change" the water. Add or remove some , but not change.

Rich
Darts with parasites are analogous to mixed tanks, there are no known benefits to the frogs with either.

If tone is more important to you than content, you are at the wrong place.

My new email address is: rich.frye@icloud.com and new phone number is 773 577 3476
yeah...no need to change the water, it's filtered with a Whisper 20i in-tank filter system, and the water-table area (under the substrate), is circulated back to the watersection by a submursable pump and hose...I shouldn't have to many problems with mold that way. I also made the hose visibal behind the water fall, so if my circulation pump stops working, I can see it. Also, the circulation pump is accessable under s secret hatch…if it needs to be changed out, it can be done with ease. Today I added in a fogger which has pegged-out my Hydrometer to 99%...100% of the time. I still mist the tank to rinse the follage, and watering the plants keeps the water level up...so no problems there. We have a house-hold water filtration system with an under the counter five-stage reverse osmosys at our kitchen sink...we still condition the water before it's used for watering or misting. Keep in mind...all of the above came about on the third time REBUILDING this tank to correct mistakes.

NEXT a 100 gallon breeder tank to viv! However, because it's a custom sized tank, I'll be building the stand and hood...all of it.
Tanks for the post back, I am a newbie so I was just wondering about this. Tanks.

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020