Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Film Cans - Wanted
I am constantly in need of film cans.
I know of all the options of how to acquire them.
I will trade frogs for film cans, but want at least 100 (can use 1,000 or more) a trade.

Rich
Darts with parasites are analogous to mixed tanks, there are no known benefits to the frogs with either.

If tone is more important to you than content, you are at the wrong place.

My new email address is: rich.frye@icloud.com and new phone number is 773 577 3476
Can still use more cans.
I can also trade my books (as with my last film can trade) if people are not ready for , or in need of frogs at this time.
Anything over 100 at a time.

Thanks,
Rich
Darts with parasites are analogous to mixed tanks, there are no known benefits to the frogs with either.

My new email address is: rich.frye@icloud.com and new phone number is 773 577 3476
It's time again.

You know you can wash them and reuse them right :lol:
cbreon Wrote:You know you can wash them and reuse them right :lol:
lol!

The Pum factory must be expanding!
Glenn
Not quite at obligate capacity in the basement yet.

And no, I did not know you can wash them. Like my viv fronts...winky winky.

RichFrye Wrote:Not quite at obligate capacity in the basement yet.

And no, I did not know you can wash them. Like my viv fronts...winky winky.

Funny you should say that, I rarely wash mine either, unless someone's coming over to check them out which is pretty rare. I am pretty sure the frogs prefer it that way...
When a film can goes in...it never returns...

How's the pest controllers working out for ya?

RichFrye Wrote:And no, I did not know you can wash them. Like my viv fronts...winky winky.
What some see as death, others see as beauty.

Casper
With the super hot summer and cracks under my doors I think they all are doomed to an outside Chicago winter...
Saw more than one in the stair between my back doors and the basement. Sucks.
Looking a night lit pitcher plants now.

Or, I guess I can alway just buy straws. Cost about the same.

[Image: L1040065.jpg]

film cans look a lot better, if that's even possible...and they are easier to reuse and 'take down' /inspect.
https://www.facebook.com/dartden/

https://twitter.com/DartDen

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana".
RichFrye Wrote:Or, I guess I can alway just buy straws. Cost about the same.

Hi Rich,
This looks a bit 's&m', could you explain the principle please? How do you inspect or clean these? What's the internal dimensions of the straws and how do you seal the bottom?

Ben
Philsuma Wrote:film cans look a lot better, if that's even possible...and they are easier to reuse and 'take down' /inspect.

Pull out of drilled hole, wash, inspect/whatever. Ugly is in the eye...they're all plastic ugly.

phelsumaman Wrote:
RichFrye Wrote:Or, I guess I can alway just buy straws. Cost about the same.

Hi Rich,
This looks a bit 's&m', could you explain the principle please? How do you inspect or clean these? What's the internal dimensions of the straws and how do you seal the bottom?

Ben

The priciple is that the obligates use them for deposit sites. They are just under.5 inch across and you simply fold over a straw in half so it holds water.

I really don't do tons of inspection in the deposit sites and I sure don't clean a lot.

Good way to get Rich's book if you don't already have it. I traded some cans for two books and used one as a gift.
Garrick H.
Philsuma Wrote:film cans look a lot better, if that's even possible...and they are easier to reuse and 'take down' /inspect.

The boba tea straws can be tucked away in a manner that they are out of sight. Here are 12 deposition sites hidden behind one brom. I fold them in half, cut at an angle, zip tie to some egg crate, and secure to the back half of a cork tube that a brom has been mounted on.

**I was inspired after reading the article "Innovation in Conservation" by J.P. Lawrence in Leaf Litter vol. 4 issue 1

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
Yes, these are the same straws JP used first , and I have used in Central America. I used black so the plastic does not stick out in the wild.

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020