Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

Need some help planning for the future
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need some help planning for the future
As many of you know I have a whole 'Lab' full of tanks for frogs, fish, geckos, etc.

I'm trying to plan for the future in how many frogs will possibly be breeding. I just want to make sure i leave room in my lab for the appropriate amount of grow out tanks.

My current plans are as follows:

80 gallon - 5 Terrebelis colony

65 gallon - 5 Leuc colony

29 gallon - Tinc pair

20 gallon - Tinc Pair

2x 18" exos - tinc pairs

3x 20 gallon verts - each for a Thumbnail species group

That is 9 tanks with potentially breeding frogs...

I have a few ten gallon tanks and several totes for grow outs, and room for more totes, but no more tanks.

OK here is my question: Once all of these groups start breeding, how many froglets should I prepare for?

I want to make sure that I can either accommodate all the potential babies, or maybe not keep them in breeding pairs to cut back on the number of frogs that are breeding.

The last thing I want to do is get over my head so plan now right? Smile

Thanks
I would say you don't know until everything starts breeding. Some pairs can be high producers while others, not so much. This is something you'll just have to wait and see. It's nice to have room for more totes just in case though.
Scott Bryant
Yeah I figured that.

Any estimation though on potential numbers?

I should have noted for everyone that I will be getting new frogs slowly. Not going to go out and fill all my tanks at once and then a year down the road have a them all breeding. Im hoping to fill 2-3 of those tanks this year.
ah...the "impossible question"....lol

Seriously, sometime people transfer proven breeders to people, only to have them shut down and stop breeding. No way to predict anything breeding related.
https://www.facebook.com/dartden/

https://twitter.com/DartDen

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana".
Well thanks for the input guys. Since Im taking it slow, I guess I'll just have to wait and see. I can always just keep a male only or female only tank and cross over if I want to raise a few clutches.

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020