Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

NEW BURPEE ECO FRIENDLY ORGANIC SEED STARTING MIX
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEW BURPEE ECO FRIENDLY ORGANIC SEED STARTING MIX
POSTED HERE FIRST ON DART DEN

[Image: IMG_2909.jpg]
[Image: IMG_2913.jpg]
[Image: IMG_2912.jpg]

Saw (and bought) these tonight at Lowe's---Burpee Eco Friendly Organic Seed Starting Mix. It was $4/bag for 10 quarts. I'll leave the final verdict to froggers much more knowledgeable than I, but it seems to have all the good stuff we often use in substrate mixes with the possible exception of "all natural fertilizer." It is made from coir! Can natural fertilizer pose as a problem?

At Frog Day last year, Richard Lynch gave a great presentation on building the viv for the beginning frogger and he said he used enhanced soils in the lower level of the substrate for the benefit of the plants, but deep enough not to be a concern to the frog (Rich, correct me, sir, if I am mistaken).

I'm thinking this would make a good substrate medium to add various supplements (orchid bark, tree fern fiber, live oak leaves, clay etc. etc.). Yes? No? Froggin' Eddie
Quote(s):
Can natural fertilizer pose as a problem?

At Frog Day last year, Richard Lynch gave a great presentation on building the viv for the beginning frogger and he said he used enhanced soils in the lower level of the substrate for the benefit of the plants, but deep enough not to be a concern to the frog (Rich, correct me, sir, if I am mistaken).

- End.

It says on the bag: "Keep out of reach of pets and children"
- Which must be reason why Richard Lynch states to keep it in lower level of the substrate... Yes?

As it is water soluble, of course. Of course, otherwise the plant could not make use of it... Question is how long it takes to be washed out, out of reach for the plants anyway!?

I´d say yes, natural fertilizer can pose a problem...
Flemming, Denmark.

http://www.regnskoven.dk/en/nature-cons ... de-sumaco/
(In English, about conservancy in Ecuador)

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020