Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

Great Stuff deal @ Lowes
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great Stuff deal @ Lowes
I'm not entirely sure if this is a fantastic deal for everyone or just me.

I normally get GS @ Lowes and it runs me a little over $4.50 a can. They are running a sale on GS right now @ Lowes for only $3.62 a can. So for those that use it in builds check out your nearest Lowes and see what they've got. Sorry for those it is not on sale for.

This is in the Harrisburg area that I found this deal. (Lowes on Union Deposit to be exact.)

Hope this helps,
Ben
Benjamin Stahle
Harrisburg Pa
G/BL Auratus, G/BR Auratus, Vittatus, Leucomelas, Azureus, Matecho, Powder Blue, WTF 2.1.1, And last but certaintly not least Bufo Americanus
I normally see it at home depot for under 3$. The small cans at least.
I bite the bullet and pay more for the Pond and Stone or either off brand that Lowe's and HD both carry.

The black stuff is so much easier to work with imo, especially if you're concerned with any foam that may be visible from the front or sides.
brad
Eric Walker Wrote:I normally see it at home depot for under 3$. The small cans at least.

I wish I lived out in Minnesewta, I would love to pay 3 bucks a can. Thats a great price! I gotta pack my stuff up I'm moving where the good prices and good people are.

IDPM Wrote:I bite the bullet and pay more for the Pond and Stone or either off brand that Lowe's and HD both carry.

Where is it located at your stores? I have looked and asked and I always get sent back to the regular great stuff. I don't mind the yellow/whiteish foam, I normally just cover the outside with either black paint or paper, just so I can easily get it off if I decide to change anything.
Benjamin Stahle
Harrisburg Pa
G/BL Auratus, G/BR Auratus, Vittatus, Leucomelas, Azureus, Matecho, Powder Blue, WTF 2.1.1, And last but certaintly not least Bufo Americanus
Go to the outdoor pond section of Lowe's or HD. They each sell the same thing but under a different name. I think it's called Smart Pond or Pond safe depending what store you are in. The cans have a white label with green lettering and are always near the pond pumps.

I've only ever found the GS pond foam in one of the ACE stores near me.
brad
The black foam is definitely worth the extra cost. Any Ace store can order it for you or you can order it online at acehardware.com and have it shipped to the closest ACE store for free.

http://www.acehardware.com/product/inde ... Id=2783786
Yeah, Ace Hardware is where I got my 'Black Stuff' / pond and stone foam. It's a tiny bit more $$ but I like it better.

You can also look for it at LOWES and H.D in the garden section - sometimes it's seasonal OR go to the customer service counter and ask them to order it in.

Same thing for 'No-see-um' fine mesh netting at LOWES.
https://www.facebook.com/dartden/

https://twitter.com/DartDen

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana".

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020