Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baru froglet pics
Cycling back up. Two found in a half hour in my 160.

[Image: L1040585_zps32a67180.jpg]

[Image: L1040563_zps88eecd1d.jpg]
Darts with parasites are analogous to mixed tanks, there are no known benefits to the frogs with either.

If tone is more important to you than content, you are at the wrong place.

My new email address is: rich.frye@icloud.com and new phone number is 773 577 3476
Congratulations. Sweet frogs. Do you house a single pair in the 160?
Thanks.
There's 1:3 in that one.
Darts with parasites are analogous to mixed tanks, there are no known benefits to the frogs with either.

My new email address is: rich.frye@icloud.com and new phone number is 773 577 3476
Stunning! I know you have said that the setups are not much to look at but I am still curious what it looks like. At the end of the day, the consistent breeding tells me they like it. Can we get a pic of the setup?
cbreon Wrote:Stunning! I know you have said that the setups are not much to look at but I am still curious what it looks like. At the end of the day, the consistent breeding tells me they like it. Can we get a pic of the setup?

It's long so I'll pull out to ultra wide angle out tomorrow for you Craig.

Another new froglet in it's new grow-out viv and the 160. I looks brighter than the viv really is, due to cam adjustments.

[Image: b4_zps7aadc55b.jpg]

[Image: L1040611_zps10e9ec04.jpg]

[Image: L1040603_zps61bbf4bc.jpg]

Rich, interesting to see some of the things you are doing.... I am especially interested in the clumps of film cans. I have some leaf piles in most of my vivs too but your's put mine to shame. I have tried to plant some plants around mine but I guess the tannins or whatever from the live oak leaves is too much for just about every plant I've tried. If that stuff is constantly sitting against the stalks they seem to die, or at least not thrive.
Colocasia and alocasia along with pepperomia and a number of other low light plants I use are indestructible. They'll take the blackest of black water. You can see I go for the less is more on plants when it comes to very big vivs.
How have my thousands of film cans, in degrees of clumpiness escaped you after all these years??

I am a strong beleiver in the film cans for egg deposition sites, but rely more on broms for tad rearing. I havent tried the clumps but I have tried little 2oz deli cups in the substrate without much success...

as for black water, the few types of alocasia I have are indestructible, but I find they will thrive more if you move the leaves away from the stems...
cbreon Wrote:I am a strong beleiver in the film cans for egg deposition sites, but rely more on broms for tad rearing. I havent tried the clumps but I have tried little 2oz deli cups in the substrate without much success...

When you give them no option, like in the wild where there may be zero broms, they use film cans just fine.

cbreon Wrote:as for black water, the few types of alocasia I have are indestructible, but I find they will thrive more if you move the leaves away from the stems...

My weak are killed and eaten.

"My weak are killed and eaten"

always a good barometer for microfauna levels...
Osa feeding tads.

[Image: L1040615_zpsa9cb5517.jpg]

Rich,
Are those brown, translucent canisters prescription bottles? Whether they are or not, seems bundles of such bottles would work for pums. Your thoughts? Thanks.
Charles
Rich, you need a few more canisters, don't you think? Looks a little low. Hahahaha.

RichFrye Wrote:Osa feeding tads.

Alien Bean Wrote:Rich,
Are those brown, translucent canisters prescription bottles? Whether they are or not, seems bundles of such bottles would work for pums. Your thoughts? Thanks.
Charles

Hi Charles, those are pill bottles and I'm not sure if any of my frogs really prefer black, white or brown colored cans. I did once have a female lamasi that would always deposit her tads in a pill bottle though.

BluePumilio Wrote:Rich, you need a few more canisters, don't you think? Looks a little low. Hahahaha.

RichFrye Wrote:Osa feeding tads.

I actually could use another 500 or so, if you have them.

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020